Cannabutter/Oil question!

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by dude4life247, May 8, 2009.

1. dude4life247

dude4life247 New Member

I have a question that I hope you guys can answer.

Well, I will get right to it,

I was was looking at cannabutter receipts and they all call for like a pound of butter and 3-4 ounces of weed. Well when I make the butter I only want it to be the amount needed to make ONE batch of brownies not 50!

So is it possable to make the cannabutter with only 1/2 cup of butter and 3-5 grams of weed?

Thanks!

2. nvb13

nvb13 New Member

yes thats fine and works just as well, i've never made a batch of cb however I have made brownies multiple times just use however much butter or oil they say, (usually oil for brownies) and 3-5 grams should be perfect, people really do exaggerate the amount of bud you need.

Good Luck =]

3. Can I piggy-back this question? Cause im gonna do it, if im wrong let me know!

I make firecrackers, sure. I'd like to make cannabutter but i'd hate to make 1/2 pound and not use it! (I have odd tastes) If i were to say make a 1/4 pound how many grams would be a good idea.

Also, like most people, i'd HATE to friggin' mess up and waste weed.. haha

Anyone have ideas?

4. urbanachiever420

urbanachiever420 New Member

I'm making cookies, and I'm planning on using about 1/8 of weed to 6 tablespoons (3/4 of a stick) of butter. Is this a good ratio, or do I need less/more weed?

5. ManitobaBud

ManitobaBud New Member

Cannabutter help

Hey bros

I am going to try to make a few pot cookies (10) for myself today. I've got 1/4 cup of butter in with about 2 grams of good weed.

I've melted the butter in a double boiler and I have the weed in with it, i'm stirring every 5 minutes and letting simmer for 30+ minutes.

However, with my doulbe boiler it doesn't seem as though the butter gets very hot, its hot but its not boiling or moving or anything.

Is that normal?

6. urbanachiever420

urbanachiever420 New Member

So I decided to go with 1/8 of bud with 1/4 cup of butter. Since smell was a factor, I took the butter, melted it, put it in a thermos with the weed, and left it in there for a day. Then I strained it out into a container with some water, and left it in the fridge for an hour. When I took it out, I could just skim the butter off the top, and it was just solidified enough to still be softened. I'm hoping that the water filtered out some of the disgusting-tasting shit, and left just the THC in the butter. I baked it into some cookies that I'm trying tomorrow, so wish me success.

7. ctwalrus

ctwalrus New Member

the ratio is 1lb butter to 1 ounce bud

so yeah just grab a calculator if you have to XD
    1/4lb butter 1/4Oz bud

its easy

8. Montanita

Montanita New Member

To make just enough for a recipe:

Measure out butter for cannabutter or oil for canna oil and use that with your pulverized weed.

Good rule of thumb at least for the first time is use only as much pot as you would smoke (ie: one joint, a few bowls,) for your cookies or brownies so if you eat them all you don't make yourself green out (puke). Usually about two joints worth is enough for most brownie mixes.

After you have your canna-butter by whatever method, remeasure how much actual butter you have and add extra regular butter to bring the amount up to what is needed for your recipe.

9. 1lkydog

1lkydog New Member

That's the first golden rule of making GR8 Cannabutter
    #1 - 1oz weed to 1 lb butter
    #2 - junk weed always makes junk butter (it crap into concentrated crap)
    #3 - cook slowly, cook long, DON'T BOIL IT!!!!
    #4 - know your dose (28g's in 454g's butter = 16g should kick your ass)

I've been cooking regularly for 5 years and preparing treats, and meals for folks in medical need.