Carbonated/fermented weed tea?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Abysmal, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Abysmal

Abysmal New Member

I made some stem tea a couple months ago and stored it in some old soda bottles. A couple weeks ago, a friend opened it, and an unusual amount of carbonation was released. When it finally settled, my friend took a drink and said it tasted kinda like beer, so I took a sip. He was right. It took only a little bit of it to **** him up too, which was surprising. Does anyone have an idea how it could have carbonated and changed the flavor to beer? Is this fermentation?

2. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Did you have sugar or other sweetner in it?

If so, you have the basics for a fermentation. Natural yeasts spores exisit in the air and would have been captured in the bottle. The sugar in the tea would have provided a source of "food" and the anaerobic metabolism of fermentation would have given off the by-product of CO2 thereby giving it carbonation...

Haven't heard of this before and believe it or not I don't know everything :rolleyes: ...but...hey...you may have re-discovered something there...

Be careful...and let us know how it goes...

Try not to kill yourself okay?

3. Abysmal

Abysmal New Member

Actually, a couple/few spoonfuls of honey.... didn' t know that could happen though. :confused:

4. Leatcher

Leatcher New Member

hmmm....beer

You mind telln us the recipe:p

5. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

You made Marijuana Mead!

So...the results???? Taste? High? Expiring Minds Want To Know!