Careers in medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by bassplayer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. bassplayer

bassplayer New Member

I was wondering what kind of careers are in the field of medical marijuana and how one can get into this line of work. If you have any answers for me or somewhere i can research this it would be much apreciated.
  2. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

I found this link for you...http://w ww.oaksterdamuniversity.com/index.html
    3 people like this.
  3. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

Become a Professional Grower.

I'm studying to be come a Botanist.

This is a feasible option if one would like to have a career in Medical Marijuana.
    2 people like this.
  4. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

You will prolly have to pass a drug test to be licensed to practice. Ar e u ready for that?
  5. blondie0420

blondie0420 Locks of Gold

Doctor. Obviously.

Lobbyist for reform of medicinal marijuana laws. You'd probably start by going to college and majoring in something like Public Policy or Political Science.

Dispensary operator. Maybe you could even open up your own. Possible legal consequences involved, even in states like California. Unfortunately, the DEA finds it an acceptable use of their time to bust people who are providing a necessary service to those who are sick and dying. :rolleyes:

Grower. More legal consequences.

Medical researcher. Prove once and for all that marijuana has medicinal benefits!

Research subject. Be the lucky person that gets to smoke high quality buds and report on how well they help whatever symptoms you have. (If you find a job opening somewhere for this one, please forward it to me as well. :)) Possible downside: may require you to have some sort of painful or serious illness.

Glass blower. Not necessarily related to medical marijuana, but even sick people need intricate pipes to smoke out of. Plus, what you'd be doing would be technically legal, so long as you advertised them primarily as tobacco pipes.

Cop on the take. Ok, so I'm out of ideas. But being corrupt has some serious benefits, provided you don't get caught and have no morals... Might have to pass a drug screen for admission to police academy though.

Ok, one more: Writer. Again it's not necessarily connected to medicinal marijuana, but you could be a journalist or writer like Jack Herer exposing certain problems with the laws, detailing new breakthroughs in mmj science, etc, etc. Could be interesting and the best part is it's legal.
    6 people like this.
  6. Andrew87

Andrew87 Sr. Member

I get the feeling you weren't entirely serious with this one to begin with, but it would take a lot more than just passing a drug test - in fact, even a significant history of use is enough to eliminate this choice.

Other than that though, great post.
  7. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Stole the link right out of my mouth. :laugh:
    Second vote for Oaks, then. :)
  8. blondie0420

blondie0420 Locks of Gold

Indeed. That one was not meant to be taken seriously.

Still, I would posit that a person who had such low moral and ethical standards as to one day become a corrupt cop would have few qualms about lying and cheating his way into the position in the first place.
  9. dorothy

dorothy New Member

A nice suggestion.
  10. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

I've been mulling the idea of horticulture around in my mind. I really dig growing plants and messing with genetics and stuff like that. I think the Oaks is a pretty sweet idea, though the legal ramifications may not be worth it.
  11. Neko150

Neko150 New Member

Are you peeps interested in MJ careers doing it because you love MJ, or because you're interested in (said career path)? Not that they're both mutually exclusive, but still... I'm interested :p
    2 people like this.
  12. stonedK1982

stonedK1982 New Member

Hell yeah man. That would be a dream come true. I mean obviously I wouldn't smoke at work but just working with marijuana would be the best type of job ever. I wish I could but getting them to legalize this shit totally is probably still many years away. (sigh) Oh well . Maybe one day. Till then I'll just keep dreaming I guess.
  13. Neko150

Neko150 New Member

Fixed ;)

I have my doubts it will actually happen. The gov't has invested far too much time and resources into fighting it, fighting public acceptance of it, they take tons of lobby money from the tobacco and alcohol lobbyists to fight it... *sigh*
    2 people like this.
  14. kinghelwig

kinghelwig New Member

I like the skunk,but you have someone else to worry about when you die,you face your maker,and if you have walked that oh so narrow line and your name is in the book then you made it,if your name is not in the book,well you wont be alone where you wind up going to the other place,dont worry bush and all his buddies run the place so it'll be like you never died,what a horrible thought,later man smoke a fatty for you.