Chest pain

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by TokeyMcBongHit, Nov 22, 2001.

1. TokeyMcBongHit

TokeyMcBongHit New Member

I've been getting chest pains on the left side of my chest lately when I smoke. The next days my chest feels a little tense... is this abnormal? I don't think there are heart problems in my family, so I doubt I'm having a heart attack, but why does weed make my chest hurt?

2. illfaded

illfaded Guest

same thing happens to me sometimes. i think its just from your lung expanding from hitting it the pipe or bong.

3. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

It could be as simple as heart burn...or pulling a pectoral muscle when you cough...or as dangerous as angina which precedes a heart attack.

It is impossible to diagnose someone over the web...we don;t know your age, weight, sex...we don't have your history, blood work up or anything else...even your vital signs...heart beat? pulse? bp? respiration?

My suggestion is to see a doctor for a check out and cross off the serious things. Then you have nothing to worry about and you can just take an aspirin

~ have a cookie ;)

4. LordIcer

LordIcer New Member

I had a similiar problem last year, although I don't think it had anything to do with smoking marijuana. So I went to the doctor, he checked me out, and just said it was something with my pectoral muscles...and although I felt it for a few months, it eventually went away. For me it was just a muscle thing, but like Mama said, I'd see a doctor just in case.

5. TokeyMcBongHit

TokeyMcBongHit New Member

I figured it out. It's just a muscle thing, I guess I need to be in better shape. I'm too fat and lazy. My brother is getting his learner's permit. Now he's gonna crash my car **** well i'm drunk right now.

6. King Fern

King Fern Banned

Stop toking on bongs and go see a doctor.
    Listen to Mamabudz man

always listen to yo Mama:wave: :wave: :wave:

7. Bongwater19

Bongwater19 New Member

your lungs can only absorb so much THC and clean so much crap at once. Especially if it was from an unfiltered joint or a pipe, so you get all the fibers and stuff. or it could be a chest cold.

8. budtoker420

budtoker420 New Member

ya i was getting this and it led to panic attacks...went through 3 weeks of hell. didnt smoke once in those 3 weeks but when the anxiety was finally completely outta my system, i ripped my bong all day. just gotta tell ureself that ure more "sensitive" when ure high and a normal strain in a muscle might feel like a lung or heart. muscle runs deep!

9. rhinoseeds

rhinoseeds New Member

I used to get this...then I started cycling- not very far just once a day for 10 minutes -it made my lungs so much better I could smoke properly again!

10. Chrono_Trigger

Chrono_Trigger New Member

Damn, this thread is like 7 years old guys.

11. Illumination

Illumination New Member

I experienced some chest pains not too long ago after smoking. It would come in waves, starting out as a numbing sensation that got so strong it felt my heart was going to stop, which is when the pain started. I wasn't incredibly stoned either.

A day or so after I was thinking about this, and I remembered my dumbass was taking a gulp after almost every toke (trying to prevent coughing). I'm not physician, but I'm almost positive I was experiencing some wicked heartburn. I've smoked since then and I haven't experienced anything of the like, and I'm sure it's because I haven't been swallowing after a good hit.