Chewing Gum?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by KlayMudd, Apr 18, 2005.

1. KlayMudd

KlayMudd New Member

well i was smoking and hitting the bong while i was chewing gum, i was thinking does anything happen when you chew some thing while smoking, any gum of food? i mean does it help or kill it?
  2. Floatin

Floatin Banned

Whaaaa? I'm gonna guess that you are pretty blazed, coz that made no sense.
  3. Zilos

Zilos Seasoned Activist

Chewing gum is not gonna kill your High... it'll just freshin' your breath.

Perhaps if you ate alot of food, them you may get tired, burn out, and crash. Or maybe Dentyne Intense... ;)

-Peace
  4. Bud_man_8

Bud_man_8 New Member

Hey

Man let me tell you. If you get blow out you know and you get like mad kottonmouth get some dentyne ice Arctic blast or whatever it's called it's the blue ice colored box. Try some of that with kottonmouth man that's something you'll never forget. It's a trip I do it all the time. :laugh:
  5. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

Off-topic for forum. Moving to Health & Medicine.
  6. SacredJellybean

SacredJellybean False Prophet

My sister once told me that chewing gum while smoking (anything) increases the chances of mouth cancer. Can anyone verify this?
  7. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

I suppose it's possible that there's a slight increase. Afterall, you have a "sticky" substance in your mouth, and there are carcinogens in smoke. It seems reasonable that the chance of them lingering in your mouth due to the stickiness of the gum is increased.

Of course, that would also mean that chewing gum while smoking would reduce the risk of lung cancer!

Besides, even if there were some justification for an increase (which doesn't seem particularly far-fetched), the base risk of mouth cancer for most people is very low. Much much much lower than the risk of lung cancer, considering what all of you (okay, we =P) do to our lungs. Unless you chew tobacco. :puker:

I'm betting that the risk of mouth cancer for most of us is less than half the risk of lung cancer. This means that something would have to DOUBLE the risk of mouth cancer before it would even be as likely for us to get as lung cancer is. And chewing gum isn't going to double your chances.
  8. vladimir

vladimir Sr. Member

chewing bubblicious while high is like an orgasm in your mouth.

but then again, bubblicious is a great high by itself.