Clean for 17 days occasional smoker

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by thebugattiveyron, Mar 31, 2008.

1. thebugattiveyron

thebugattiveyron New Member

Smoked 17 days ago on March 14th. I still don't know when I am going to be tested for pre employment, and I am waiting for a job interview hopefully this week. Starting pay is $11.86 per hour for the first 90 days, and then it gradually goes up to $14.00. With the way Michigan's economy is right now I would say this job is a must have and pays well.

5 days after being clean I began drinking approx one gallon of water daily for 3 days, and over 3 days I walked a total of 12 miles. Working out on occasion, was stopped two sundays ago (2 days after walking) making me 9 days free of smoking. I thought I would be called in for an interview last week but didn't. I called and was told that they would get me in for an interview as soon as possible since they are still taking applicants. I have been fairly inactive since I stopped working out, walking, etc. My piss has gone from being very dilluted (clear) to being very dark yellow in the past few days.

With being clean now for 17 days, being skinny and having a fast metabolism I dread to ask, will I pass. I know that is the hardest question to answer since there is no standard to follow since everyone's body is different. I still plan on dilluting by drinking water before my test, but this test could be a week or more away, idk. The company I am trying to hire into does thourough background checks before they will give a job offer, and yes it is a urine test.

PLEASE comment, I haven't had much luck in my other forum for responses and I am just loking for people with a basic knowledge of drug tests to post their opinion. All comments will be greatly appreciated, and thank you to anyone who takes the time to post on this thread.
  2. RNRDUDE

RNRDUDE New Member

First, drinking large amounts of water will not help rid your body of THC metabolites. THC is stored in fat tissues, and the only way to rid yourself of the metabolites is: Time and exercise.

Since you are 17 days clean as of right now, and you have almost another two weeks of being clean before your drug test, it will put you about 30 days clean, which is pretty good. Although it can take up to 11 weeks to be completely clean for chronic smokers. Casual smokers can sometimes be clean in much shorter time frames, depending on their smoking history for the last 90 days.

My suggestion for you is:

1. Buy some drug tests strips from the internet, and test yourself periodically. This is the only true way to see if you can pass the UA. Always test your first void of the morning so you get a true reading.

2. Keep on exercising and eat high fiber foods to rid your body of the metabolites. You want to STOP exercising about 3 days before the test, that way your body does not release the metabolites into the system.

3. Read the stickies above, about diluting and subing. The more you know now about the process of either method, the better prepared you will be if you need to go that route.

Good luck, and keep us informed!

RNRDUDE
  3. thebugattiveyron

thebugattiveyron New Member

I only smoke like twice a week, if that. Usually when I go to Waterford, MI, about 45 minutes from here I smoke the most and I haven't smoked there in about two months. Prior to me being clean, I rarely on occasion smoked and likeI said only about twice a week. In my other posting I gave more details on my smoking habits. But I wasn't trying to "Flush" out my system of metabolites, I was doing it to stay hydrated and force frequent urination... Thanks for the posting though I gratelly appreciate it RNRDUDE.