Cleaning grinder

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Lil' Lexie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

I've been using my grinder almost daily for a year and a half and it's never been cleaned... when I first got it I'd asked a friend who knows waaaay more about smoking accessories than I do and he said he's never ever cleaned his, it doesn't need to be cleaned. It's getting pretty sticky and dirty looking now though, so I'm wondering what the best way to clean it is? It's aluminum (I think).
  2. hakkalugi

hakkalugi New Member

id say just like you were cleaning a pipe, soak it in 90% aclohol and water and some salt. shake it up. do it a few times, maybe get a old toothbrush and scrub away at it wile its in the aclohol and what not.
    2 people like this.
  3. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

Ok thanks, wasn't sure if the alcohol was okay to use on aluminum.
  4. hakkalugi

hakkalugi New Member

yea it'll be fine
  5. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

Dude just scrape inside the surface, A shitload of crystals will come out, And that brown shit on the side can be scraped up too
  6. FreshFlynFlashy

FreshFlynFlashy New Member

Does it have a kief catcher?:hail: A year and a halfs worth of kief?!?! :hail:

But, I'm sure you could smoke all that "resin" that comes out of the grinder, that is probably nothing but THC crystals!
  7. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. A grinder needs to be clean. Otherwise, it just traps more and more of the good stuff you're trying to process.

You can scrape out residue before cleaning if you want. You don't need to soak the grinder or use salt. Just scrub with ISO (rubbing alcohol) and a toothbrush, and then rinse off the grinder sections with hot water. If you keep it clean it won't attract much kief. If you don't clean it, it'll trap a good amount of kief, etc., which you'll need to clean off to save. If it's a 4 pc., frequent cleaning will allow the kief to pass through the screen. Get a clogged screen and you may as well be using a 2 pc.
  8. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

I do just have a 2 pc, it's nothing fancy!
  9. 5drive

5drive Slacker

All the easier to keep clean. A quick brushing with ISO and you've got a nice, slick grinder that won't attract kief. ;)
  10. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

Great, sound easy :) Thanks!