Cleaning my pipe, but I have 1 problem

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by DirtyJersey, Aug 12, 2005.

1. DirtyJersey

DirtyJersey New Member

I know there are various threads on this but I have to ask anyway. I want to clean my pipe out because at this point I've scrapped out as much resin and **** as I can and it's still pretty clogged up. The problem I have is my pipe has this black, hard plastic design looking thing on it. I want to know if there's a way to clean my pipe out and not ruin that design thing. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
  2. InLoveAndDeath

InLoveAndDeath New Member

Theyre many many many threads that will tell you how to do this. Try a search.

But anyways...

Put some rubbing alcohol in a bag and put you pipe in the bag and shake it around. Once you rinse it with warm water all the resin should come out. :wave:
  3. barker4000

barker4000 New Member

Formula 420 works really good.
  4. deadmoap

deadmoap Jr. Member

If you don't mind a dirty pipe, but just want it unclogged, then I have a trick to teach you. Don't know if you do this already, but it's pretty sweet.

When they'res no bud in the pipe, put the lighter in the bowl as if you were going to hit it, but try to get the flame as close to the hole in the bottom as possible, then take a hit. The flame will be sucked through the hole and go inside the pipe. After a little of that, the next one is tricky. Put the lighter next to the carb and move your fingers around to cover the bowl's hole... then take a hit through the carb.

You see, what's clogging your pipe isn't resin, there's chunks of weed (not ash, weed) that fell down the hole and stuck to the resin.

btw I'm high if there's anything that didn't make sense.
  5. TriggerHappy370

TriggerHappy370 New Member

That trick seems pretty tight, I'll remember that. :D
  6. Smoking Buddah

Smoking Buddah New Member

Were can i get that. Like what type of store?
  7. Tacofarm

Tacofarm New Member

Any decent headshop should carry it.
  8. TheGnome

TheGnome New Member

Or jsut use mineral spirtis, i jsut cleaned my pipe today, it had over 2 years of heavy use in it...clean as a whissle...all though, my fingers are black with resin....
  9. mcboro

mcboro New Member

Can you use any other type of formula? Any household items?
  10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Yes, just look in the medicine cabinet and get out the alcohol and a few q-tips and start cleaning. :D