Coin in Grinder...?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by johnnyrocket, Apr 1, 2010.

1. johnnyrocket

johnnyrocket New Member

What's the purpose of putting a coin in the chamber of your grinder that the bud falls into? I've heard it helps get you more keif...is that true?

2. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

Basically all it does is moves across the screen so that more of the kief will fall through. A lot of times the kief will stay on top of the screen but if you put a coin in it will slide across the screen which makes the kief fall. The type of grinder definitely plays a role in whether you can do it or not. I'm not positive but I would think you would have to have at least a 4 piece grinder for it to work, at least I know my 3 piece wouldn't work. At the very least it won't hurt anything so give it a try and see if there is a difference.

2 people like this.
  3. johnnyrocket

johnnyrocket New Member

Thanks man, I've got a 4 piece sharpstone so i think this would help!

4. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

No problem. Personally I would start out with a penny or a dime, something that is small and won't take up too much space.

5. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

Yup... just there to increase keif production. Helps force keif off the bud and through the screen.

6. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

That's why I keep having to clean the screen to get more keif..I need a coin in there!!!

Awsome news..My space case is getting old and beaten, but it still works great..

7. 717Creations

717Creations New Member

i use a quarter and i get more keef then anyone i know haha

8. High-Fi

High-Fi New Member

I threw a penny in my grinder and havent been happier. After I grind my bud I shake my grinder around to get as much kief as I can. Have followed this method and have plenty, plenty, plenty of buildup :chokin:

9. 5drive

5drive Slacker

If you don't use something on the screen to knock loose some kief, there won't be much to collect. I use a dime, or something even smaller in a small grinder, and shake it quite a bit.

10. Sm0ked-one

Sm0ked-one Sr. Member

ima have to try this with my dad's grindahhh lol sounds like a great idea

11. Le0n

Le0n New Member

Screen do get clogged, but you can un-clog them just by hitting the screen on a table or something. Using a coin deminishes the purpose of catching kief. The fact is the screens are those size microns for a reason. If you put a coin in there you will push through more crap and the hash you get out of it isn't as pur as it should be.

You will notice that it doesn't get as sticky, or doesn't hold together well. It may even only last a few tokes in a vape, because you pushed more crap than kief.

12. Sm0ked-one

Sm0ked-one Sr. Member

how does using a coin deminish the kief process bro, wouldn't it actually hlep you get kief, granted it might not be sticky, its still kief, and still potent as all fuck, lol i suggest putting kieff in a bong, tastes better

13. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

I've seen some grinders today that come witha little triangle thingy to help clean the screen..But I got a buddy with one of those and he smokes so much bud that his screen is clogged..And he won't let me clean it..

14. Sm0ked-one

Sm0ked-one Sr. Member

:(( to the post above meee i love cleaning my friends bowls cause they can't stand resin, but the resin is fucking amazing lol cause then u see how much one uses they're bowls

15. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

I use a peso.
    lmao, reading this, everybody uses a different coin.

16. Le0n

Le0n New Member

Umm - perhaps you haven't found out yet, but the ingredient in Kief that gets you stoned are the resin stalks that fall off the bud, and through the screen. If you push more crap through it, you are only pushing inhert matter, not resin stalks.

And I suggest you look up what Vaporizers are - as your suggestion is backwards....

2 people like this.
  17. shadeslayer42199

shadeslayer42199 New Member

The coin helps push more resin through, not just plant matter. It DOES help you collect more.

18. Le0n

Le0n New Member

It only pushes through what is clogged in the screen - and you will find it isnt pushing anything at all, it merely creates a vibration that makes what-ever is clogged fall into the chamber. You can achieve this by scraping somthing metal over the screen to create the same vibration.

The screens micron size still gets plant matter in there. REmember, the less plant matter the more potent.