Concentra physical and drug test

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by RandyR, Apr 3, 2008.

1. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Well I found out today that Monday I have to take a pre-employment physical and drug test at concentra. I didn't know a physical would be involved so I was planning on subbing. From what I've read here being that I'm a male, subbing will not be possible since a physical is involved. . Kind of a bummer since I've smoked about a bowl a night for the past month or more (including last night.) Any tips other than don't even bother and find a different job? And is it true that subbing is out of the question since a physical is involved? Are they checking for hernias/etc and is this why subbing won't be possible? This sucks.:(
  2. Secs

Secs New Member

Go in, tell them you have to pee bad. If they don't let you pee right now, you won't be responsible for the mess.... Hopefully that will allow you to pee before you put on the gown.
  3. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Sec!:) My favorite person here (no offense to anyone else):D

Good idea, I'll do it. Couple more questions if you don't mind...:hail:

#1;By chance if they make me gown up first, do they let me keep my underwear on under it?

#2;And if I have to gown up first, can I still sub and then put the empty bottle back in that special spot? (I assume that if the Doctor will have his finger in my butt or checking me for a hernia that's a no go.)

#3;Are hernia/prostate checks a normal part of a pre-employment physical?

#4; If they hit me with a saliva or blood test instead of the urine everything I've read here says 4 days of being clean is enough to pass those...do I have that right?

If you could answer those questions that would be awesome! :hail:

I'm gonna go search the dillution threads right now to try and find out if I can successfully dilute with only 4 days clean...but I'm guessing no. What do you think my chances of successfully dilluting are?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!:)
  4. needsomehelp79

needsomehelp79 New Member

I'd like to see some answers to your question as well. I also have a concentra test on Monday and will only be 8 days clean. Was planning on subbing but I have no idea what the phyisical is all about. A friend suggested just calling them and asking them what the "pre-employment" phyisical involves just don't tell them your name or the company name. Said most of the time they will tell you. If we can pee first it won't be a problem
  5. needsomehelp79

Sorry for the double post but just to let you know I plan on calling them this weekend. Either way I'm going to take some synthetic with me as plan A and dillute as plan b. If you look at the dillution thread there are alot of success stories of dilluting with very limited notice. Hey look at it this way, at least you haven't already worked for this company for a freakin month before they ever mentioned the "pre-employment" physical.
  6. RandyR

RandyR New Member

If you call concentra hopefully you'll get better results than I did. I had my girlfriend call 2 different concentra testing facilities this morning. She was asking questions about the physical and what's involved. One of the places told her that it's up to the Doctor that's doing the physical, the other place told her it's up to the employer and what they want done. If you do call and find out anything please post it here. Thanks.

I don't think I'll be able to dilute effectively since I don't know what time during the day they'll send me to concentra, and they'll be sending me from work. I'm all for trying to dilute also, but chugging water and peeing every 15 minutes I think will be difficult without knowing what time the test will be at.
  7. needsomehelp79

a little backup from SEC

Yeah man, I haven't attempted to call yet, and seeing the results that you got, I probably won't. Actually, I'm considering just telling them to kiss off and quiting this job (even though it is a pretty good one). The fact that there were four people hired along with me (same day) to manage this new account have not been told to report for the physical/drug screen. It has never been mentioned. I have given them absolutely no reason to suspect any use on my part so I feel that this is some form of discrimination as the other three people hired are all female (and one of them is a heeeaaavvvyy smoker). Yes, I'm aware that they can do what they want but still I just don't think it right. If it was random testing I could understand but if its "pre-employment" all hires should be subject to the same protocol (SEC back me up on that one). Like I said, its bad enough that I've been there over a month already before its mentioned (I was clean at time of hire but since there was never word of drug screen I started lighting up again). So, let me know what happens bro, and I'll let you know what I decide.
  8. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Edited I was wrong and don't want to mislead anyone.
  9. needsomehelp79

Really? I searched quite a bit on here into the quick fix and haven't seen anyone warn against using it for the phyisical/drug screen. Everything I've seen, including info directly from the products website, says it has ALL of the qualities of human urine.
  10. needsomehelp79

Randy, I don't know if this will help but: I just looked closely at the sheet of paper they gave me to take to the lab (if I decide to go). It has several procedures listed on it with check boxes next to what my office wants them to do. On mine they checked "Physical Exam with Drug Screen". There is also a box for Physical Exam and drug screen DOT. So via SEC's link to how hardcore the DOT physical is, it leads me to believe that maybe I would be getting a different, hopefully scaled down, version of the physical. If not why would there be seperate choices on the sheet? Don't know, just a thought.
  11. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do, that's a tough call to make.:(
  12. Secs

Secs New Member

I have had physicals for jobs in the past that were complete, with a pelvic exam, in and out of every orifice. Then I have has physicials where it was just listen to the heart and lungs, blood pressure, height & weight.

It really does depend on the employers requirements.

Why quit now and not at least attempt it? IF you fail you don't get the job. If you pass you have a great job.

If you quit, you don't have the job. At least if you try to pass, you have a chance...

The results of a pre-employment drug test cannot be released to anyone without your permission (barring a court order).
  13. needsomehelp79

Yeah I'm sure that a doc could tell someone is a smoker by listening to the lungs, but if that ever came up as to why the OF didn't have nicotine couldn't you just say that you are trying to quit and haven't had one if a few days. Correct me if I'm wrong mods but nicoting usually clears outta the system in like 3 days right?
  14. Secs

Secs New Member

The only people who test urine specimen's for nicotine are parents, and maybe schools. No employer will test for nicotine because tobacco is a LEGAL product. The employer can only regulate that you don't smoke at work. They cannot reulate that you do not use nicotine at all. Nicotine patches aren't illegal, neither is chewing tobacco. Employers will test for ILLEGAL drugs only, like marijuana. Sometimes an employer will test for alcohol on a post offer background and drug test, but only after the offer of employment is made. The employer feels that if you drink before attending an employment related function (like the drug test and/or physical), then there would be nothing to stop the applicant from showing up to work after drinking.

Since they aren't testing the quick fix for nicotine, then they won't know if your urine specimen contains nicotine or not.
  15. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Hi Sec. I grabbed this from a post you made in another thread.----->

Lets say the employer collects a urine specimen for the physical. If they check a Quick fix sample will it send up a red flag?
  16. FXjohn

FXjohn New Member

why would it? thought quik fix fooling the test was the whole idea pretty much.
  17. RandyR

RandyR New Member

18. DS Expert

DS Expert New Member

It all depends on the type of drug screen they have requested. You will not take the DOT because you are not a truck driver. if they have requested a quick screen - you will definitely come up non-negative. It is then sent to the regular lab. If it is positive there, they will then send it to the Medical Review Officer, who will call you about the positive.

If you are having a standard drug screen it will go out to the lab and will be positive if it doesn't contain the correct amount of protein, etc. Synthetic is not the way to go.

If you sub - it will not be within the temperature range and will not be deemed accetable. I'd look ot something else to get me through. Golden root or something.
  19. FXjohn

FXjohn New Member

that's the first I've heard about a "protein" test.
  20. RandyR

RandyR New Member

Umm, I think you're mistaken about most of that^.