Concerning Charcoal Capsules

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Highanxiety, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Highanxiety

Highanxiety New Member

Posted this in the Blood, Hair and Saliva Forum, just thought I would bring it over here.

From NORML website:
    DRUG SCREENS? It has been suggested that the ingestion of certain substances might alter body chemistry so as to disguise drug use. Although many products are currently being marketed as drug screens in head shops, High Times ads, etc., few have any solid scientific basis. Activated charcoal, a common detoxifier, might help lower metabolite levels a bit in long-term users if taken over the course of some days or weeks. It has been suggested on theoretical grounds that lecithin, a food emulsifier, might also be useful if taken over extended periods, but this hasn't been proven. A number of high-priced herbal teas and powders are promoted as urine cleansers, with no good medical rationale. While some users have reported remarkable success with them, many others have not. Independent experiments suggest that it may be water dilution, not the screen itself, that accounts for success.

Different likes for different tykes it would seem. :)
  2. brooklynyte

brooklynyte New Member

I forget where I heard it but I too a while ago heard that charcoal works, I never could comprehend the ingestion of charcoal but I guess if it isnt in here, it doesnt do the trick quite good enough. Haha, if I get anymore test, I'm gonna go on a quest taking every chemical on this earth to find what works

*starts eating donkey feces
  3. Highanxiety

Highanxiety New Member

I hear ya, I went from not taking a pill in any form to a desk full of "supplements". Soon we will be able to turn lead into gold! Or maybe it will just exit our bodies that way? :laugh:
  4. Wizard1

Wizard1 New Member

Charcoal has an absorbing quality to it. It is said to absorb toxins in the body. It would be an interesting experiment to take a few charcoal tablets, and test ones self in an hour or two. It might have positive effects. (helping one test negative). But, .........I have no proof.
  5. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

This is much like the niacin myth. As norml.com stated it MAY slightly help if taken over the course of some days or WEEKS. It won't work in the short term.

Big Dre
  6. S2

S2 Just another bonehead

charcoal adsorbs toxins in the gastro intestinal tract-- it is not metabolized and does not affect what is already in your body-- the mistaken notion is proably due to its use in treating people who ingest volatile organic compounds ( like gasoline)-- the carbon will adsorb the gasoline componenets still in your gut and bind them tight so that they are then eliminated--
  7. killavanilla

killavanilla New Member

exactly. Yet there is one person on this site who is recommending it to everyone. She claims to smoke until a day or two before a test, then takes a double dosage of charcoal pills at 6 p.m. the night before the test. She then wakes up and drinks a ton of water (can anyone say dilution) passes the test, and credits the pills.
    I think, perhaps, MJ.com should create a system by S2 and N2 wherein you provide the aspirin, a waterbottle, some b12 and a placebo along with instructions not to smoke for at least 15 days.
    Then, people could come here and talk about how great their miracle cure is.
    We could call it "Highdrate" and sell it as a cleansing formula.
    Any takers?
  8. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

We don't want to become scammers like those detox companies now do we...;)