Corn field Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by fiendd, Feb 27, 2011.

1. fiendd

fiendd New Member

So I don't really have any place to grow, if I take some seeds and plant them in a corn field around the same time that corn is being planted, Would it grow? Would I have to come back and visit it, or could I leave it there and come back a couple months later and harvest?

I live in SE wisconsin, when would be the best time to do this?
  2. ohiogary

ohiogary New Member

It will stand out like a sore thumb, although people do pull it off I guess,in my area they pick the corn before the bud is ready to be harvest, plus the corn is yellow brown in Sept. and the colas are dark green, can really be pick up from the air. plus some use round up ready corn seed, so they can spray it with a roundup weed killer and doesnt affect the corn, but kills the weed, not sure how long roundup will stay in the ground
  3. Twizted55

Twizted55 New Member

if your gunna grow starting outside and staying outside try to find any open vally or the conner of the corn vally far as possable but needs good amout of sunh an must water 1 time a day or every other day like water 1 day skip a day water then water the next few days skip a day you no you and once you get up to a mouth you can give it the Dry Spell water it with about 150ml of pure water then dont water for 2 days then go back to watering
  4. OrangeJuiceandKush

OrangeJuiceandKush Sr. Member

He's right its going to stick out like a sore thumb if there is a forest near by that's your best bet. I would tend to it once a week at least to see if it's dry or infested by bugs.