Cost Per Gram / Ounce of Weed

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Ross, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Ross

Ross Seasoned Activist

What is the relation of gram to ounce. How many grams are in an ounce?

2. burntrubberz

burntrubberz Guest

there are 28 grams in an ounce
    14 grams in a half ounce
    7 grams in a quarter ounce
    3.5 grams in a 1/8
    1 3/4 grams in a dime

3. BudToker420

BudToker420 Guest

holy crap your getting ripped off!

ive never bought an 8th under 5 grams or a quarter under 10

4. deadhed

deadhed Guest

We'll he didn't say that that's what he got, but that's the actual conversion.

You're gettin some pretty fat sacks. You sure you're not weighing the bag, too ;)

5. Bailey1138

Bailey1138 Senior Member

Yeah budtoker, you're just getting fat sacks. An 1/8th weighs 3.5 grams, that's a fact, if you do the conversion, an 1/8 of an ounce is 3.54......grams (it's a repeating decimal). Now, that's without the bag. Your average bag will weigh 1 gram (that's a non-ziplock, just normal bag). So, 3.5+1=4.5 grams. Looks like you're getting an extra half a gram in your eighths, at least.

6. mindraver

mindraver Sr. Member

scientifically...

1g = 0.03527oz

453.643g = 16oz = 1lb

28.35g = 1oz

and for those of you who do buy your own, i suggest having the bag weighed separately...esp. if you are getting really good stuff. ive seen small bags weigh anywhere from 1g - 6.5g, and a couple larger bags weigh in excess of 11g.

7. burntrubberz

burntrubberz Guest

yes that is the actual conversion. i personaly get 9 gram quarters for 25 dollars. me and my dealer have a good thing worked out ;)

8. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

BudToker420- why do you say he's getting ripped off, he said those were the measurements and they were 100% correct, he never said a damn thing about how much he pays for any of it. your supposed 5 gram 8th's might be costing you a hell of a lot more then what he pays for his 3.5 gram 8th. and why the hell does your dealer sell 8ths that are 5 grams, can't he do math? or is he just scamming your ass?

9. BudToker420

BudToker420 Guest

theres just lots of bud around here.

10. nomadtw

nomadtw New Member

i'm so jealous of you people and your'e cheap weed

i gotta find somewhere to buy cheaper around here, unfortuantely i just moved back... and i never smoked before i came back..

11. kingmajin

kingmajin New Member

i bought some shit yesterday, got it on 4 grams without the bag for 15. i still got..say a blunt's worth left. off to buy more! lol.

12. PHISH_NATION

PHISH_NATION New Member

25 bucks for a Q?

That is either some skanky weed or the best deal ever!

13. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

:banghead: This thread died 3 times. Let it rest in peace, why would you ever feel the need to dig this up and respond to a post made a DECADE ago? :doh:

3 people like this.
  14. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

People come on here board out of there mind, and I guess they dont know how to use the "new post" button so instead of doing that they just go and click on random posts in random forums.

15. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

Dude... I don't even know how to use the new post button :p
    Where is this?

16. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

When I log on I just click forums then new post wich is like a little below the silver bar at the top. The button is located in the middle of the green bar thats a little under the silver bar. Kinda hard to explain lol.

2 people like this.
  17. deminor

deminor New Member

in houston

i get 3.5 grams for 5 bucks and 7 grams for 10 bucks

18. ExternalBleeding

ExternalBleeding New Member

He's probably buying from someone that gets it from a supplier, or from the supplier.
    Around here, I can get a quarter for 40$ (this is some dank kush. Kush exotica or something like that). My dealer gets it for 20$.

19. andrewc

andrewc New Member

1 ounce = 28.3495231 Grams

28.3495231 / 8 = 3.54369039

28.3495231 / 4 = 7.08738077

28.3495231 / 2 = 14.1747615

28.3495231 / 16 = 1.77184519

2 people like this.
  20. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

Shiiiiitttttt.. My dealer has been shorting me by 0.00369039g That fucker! :soapbox: