cotton mouth?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by lxcarnagelx, Jul 28, 2009.

1. lxcarnagelx

lxcarnagelx New Member

im newish to smoking and i always here people saying cottom mouth? wat does it mean and how do people get it? and wat could people do when they have it?

2. Linkus420

Linkus420 New Member

around 30 minutes after smoking, your mouth will usually get very dry and you WILL want something to drink. Id suggest a thick juice like Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, or something to that effect.

3. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

L0L i knew about this befor i started to smoke but no biggie

its when your mouth feels like theirs no spit in it. sometimes u get it after smoking. if u wanna experience it then but some cotton balls in ur mouth. thats about it. i can get pretty annoying tho.

4. Juank

Juank Sr. Member

Yep, it's basically dry mouth. Marijuana restricts saliva production in your mouth (so even if you're getting high off edibles, you can still get it. It doesn't have anything to do with smoking).

When I'm high I don't like to eat any sugar because of it. It leaves a gross taste in my mouth. I'm fine with salt for some reason though :shrug:

5. Train2Bangkok

Train2Bangkok Sr. Member

As Mr. John Lee Hooker said..."You know when your mouth a-gettin' dry you're plenty high" :afro:

6. Kushy

Kushy down

Yea that's a common misconception. Every time I smoked I always thought it was just the hot smoke that made my mouth dry. Then I started eating firecrackers and my mouth got worse than if I had been smoking! Marijuana actually dries out every membrane (including mouth, nose, etc). Ever notice that you can get the equivalent of cottonmouth in your nose? It's not the same sensation as cottonmouth, but I definitely notice my boogers are dry and shit haha :p

7. jokaonfire

jokaonfire Guest

^ basiclly what everybody else says. although after a while it'll start going away, believe it or not i don't get cotton mouth anymore. saddest part is i kinda enjoyed it

8. noobsaibot

noobsaibot New Member

i got it right not and its annoying. i had a arizona and drunk it while smokeing and when i got the c mouth i realized i had no more left. some water from the bathroom ahd to due.

9. forty2

forty2 New Member

Two Words

Cream Soda.

Has my back everytime lol

10. Chillout

Chillout New Member

When I got cottonmouth I usually start looking for some food. Cottonmouth sometimes is so annoying when you got nothing to drink or eat, but when you get some food... nomnomnomnom :)

11. spritezero

spritezero New Member

for some reason, i enjoy cotton mouth because it makes food taste more juicy. Like I could eat a potato chip and it would taste juicy.

12. lxcarnagelx

lxcarnagelx New Member

alright thx guys sorry i couldnt compent earliyer i like sleeping in tell 1pm:)

13. Toxik

Toxik New Member

I love soda but only towards the end of my high. If I drink it with cottonmouth I feel like im just swallowing dry bubbles it's so weird. :(

14. echolalia

echolalia New Member

when i am really baked i usually get a little bit of cottonmouth. usually i have a drink by me so it's okay.

15. lxcarnagelx

lxcarnagelx New Member

so does anyone get that feeling after i dry hit, about 30 mins later it feels like your throat is on fire then u start to gag