coughing up blood

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by hightimes129, Apr 11, 2005.

1. hightimes129

hightimes129 New Member

This had come up in a pervious forum i had made and i was wondering if this is actually possible because i have never heard or smoke burning holes in your lungs...does it only happen with certain people or what..? thanks
  2. zorro777

zorro777 New Member

OK I'm not medical doc nor body chemist phd & was using a word phrase to indicate what I think that evil smoke does to my poor lungs....

clearly something negative happens when I inhale smoke. I already have sinus problems take daily pills (checked with my real doc for that) quit hanging out in bars in my mid 20's due to smoke problems (mid 40's now). the sinus pills definitely helped because I've only had 1 cold in the past 9 years, before that it was like every 2 months or so I'd get a cold/infection hack up gunk.

I switched to bongs back in h.s. because they're efficient, use little supplies & produce little escaped smoke, then I switched to vaporizors because they have no smoke but use too much stuff (at least for me) so now I'm trying to switch to cookies

of course all these switching strategies to maintain my m intake does make my brain cells wonder a bit if this is a good thing, and I balance these thoughts my reducing intake. but since I'm an old-geezer I do feel obligated to somehow help all those little newbies avoid the mistakes I made because back then all these cool internet forums didn't exist.....
  3. JussBL4ZE

JussBL4ZE Banned

cigs will kill you alot quicker than weed.... They both have common ingredents when u smoke them.. TAR being one of them.. Lay off the cigs man, and perserve your lungs. They dont call me iron lung for nothing..
  4. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

"Brown gunk" usually is just ash and phlegm.
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

If hightimes129 is smoking a bong he shouldn't be getting any ash. It sounds like advanced lung cancer or tuberculosis to me. Maybe that Marlburg virus hemorrhagic fever?

Just kidding!
  6. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Yes...coughing up blood is a serious sign of lung disease such as tuberculosis, emphysema or cancer.
  7. JussBL4ZE

JussBL4ZE Banned

or maybe he has..... ebola!
  8. JussBL4ZE

JussBL4ZE Banned

look man it really depends. Is the blood fresh or dried up and old.. I love smokin hookahs (with reg tabbacoo) and each time I do or smoke NEWPORTS cigs I cough up a lil blood in the mornings. If it is a problem that does not go away then you should get yourself to the doctor to get a lung xray. If it does go away, then your okay, just cut down on whatever your doing.. BONGS shouldnt be making u cough up blood, Ive been smoking out of a ROOR bong for over a year and half now close to everyday maybe a few times a day SOMETIMES and still I cough up no blood. But I do cough like a lil pansy when I hit dat.
  9. hightimes129

hightimes129 New Member

sorry for not being really specific but this isnt or hasnt happened to me i had just read something about it in another post and was curious about how it happens and everything but thanks guys you pretty much answered my question anyway :)
  10. Viki926

Viki926 New Member

:) It would be wise to have that checked...good luck.
  11. headsi6

headsi6 New Member

hi viki926... im from the phillipines... do u smoke ganja?
  12. vladimir

vladimir Sr. Member

when i have heavy coughing phases, i tend to cough up blood as well. but my doctor said that its just from the throat being irritated.
    its definately something you should get checked out if it happens more than once, but dont freak out right away.
  13. ALLAB0UTW33D

ALLAB0UTW33D New Member

that sounds like a personal problem, if your coughing up blood, you most likly have teberculosus and im serious you need medicinal marijuana, whats the difference? you can smoke on the street, get medicinal marijuna today
    EDITED
  14. ITAPIPENOTABOWL

ITAPIPENOTABOWL New Member

Brown Guk Hacker

Brown Gunk...sounds more like yer hackin up ressin then blood. only thing ya smoke that can cause ya to hack up blood that i know of is certain menthol cigarettes.Or maybe ya could try smokin from a good ol fashion pipe or "j" for awhile instead of a big 'ol nasty bong all the time and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise if i were you id be real concerned i never heard a any of my "buds" or experienced myself the coughing up of blood from smokin anything. :redhot: