Cranberry Juice and my UA

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Andre3K, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Andre3K

Andre3K New Member

Most likely tommorow I will have a urinalysis test after my interview. I stopped smoking just about 3 weeks ago and before that I smoked heavily on and off for about a month if that. I drank like 3 big jugs of cranberry juice and I was wondering if that could have done the trick as far as cleaning up my system. I am 5'11" and 230 lbs. I know that your weight has a little to do with how long it stays in the system.
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Your weight has a lot to do with how long THC metabolites stay in your system. They're stored in fat cells and released as fat is burned.

Drinking a lot of cranberry juice might have had a small effect in reducing the amount of THC metabolites in your blood by increasing your urine output. Unfortunately, the THC metabolites in your blood are restored by those being released from body fat.

The only way to know if you'll pass a UA is to give yourself a UA. THC tests are available at drugstores or (much less expensively) from sellers on eBay. If you test negative with the first part of the first pee of the day you're home free.

If you don't, start thinking about dilution or substitution:

Dilution and aspirin-- the technique

DILUTION: tips, tricks and guidelines from N2

Substitution techniques always work, but take some practice and can't be used in a closely observed test.

SUBSTITUTION: Tips, tricks and guidelines by N2

and look at

Fooling the Bladder Cops
  3. Andre3K

Andre3K New Member

Thanks for the help.
  4. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Have you thought of subbing? It could be the answer to your problems.
  5. Andre3K

Andre3K New Member

Well, I lucked out and I won't have to take the test for another week at least, so now I have more than enough time to get prepared. Thanks for all the help.
  6. Andre3K

Andre3K New Member

Bastards, looks like I won't have a test period. I got the second interview and then got a letter in the mail a couple of days ago that I didnt get hired. Time to smoke it up. I was wondering...I'm pretty sure that I am clean...I was wondering if it would be safe to toke just a little, say a gram total and be all good after a week with some excercizing and hanging out in the sauna.
  7. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Why not save a sample now and freeze it. Check it to make sure you are clean first.
  8. FXjohn

FXjohn New Member

Nah. It stays in your system about 30-40 days if you have any bodyfat.
    I was clean 2 weeks and a home test showed me dirtier than someone reallllly clean. Find a non smoker for a donor. Yours probably wouldn't pass a stricter than 50 particles test. That being said,,,it doesn't hurt to go clean sometimes, because you get sooo rippped afterwards.