Cut off levels vs CONFIRM levels!

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by MonarchX, Nov 22, 2007.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I am seeing that companies have cut off levels and confirmation levels.

There is the 50 something cut off level and 15 something cut off level.

Which one do you need to pass? They called INITIAL vs CONFIRMED.

I wonder for how many days you have to stay clean to get that level? Way more than for 50 cut off level?
  2. Nambus

Nambus New Member

varies state to state and company to company

In Indiana the cut of is 15 ng
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Yeah and I wonder for how many days you have to stay clean to get that level? Way more than for 50 cut off level?
  4. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

Wrong. The most widely used cutoff is 50 with 15 on confirmation. This is more controlled by recommendations from SAMSHA and several other federal departments not by state recommendations. Sometimes a 20 ng/ml cutoff with a 10 ng/ml confirmation is used. Companies (or court systems) do get to choose which set to use but 50 and 15 are probably used over 90% of the time. To find out more of what this means, do an advanced search by posts from me and use the terms "31 metabolites" in quotes and check those posts. Look at the one from October of 2006 first.
  5. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

OK, so its really the same thing eh? If you pass 50 then you pass the 15 thing as well (or most likely) right?
  6. PHDinTHC

PHDinTHC New Member

Screw not smoking for weeks and then holding your breath for the results. Substitute your urine. Use a fake penis, best one I've seen yet is from ureasample.com, it has no loud switches and looks like a real penis. Apparently all you do to start the flow is to pull on the head, then release when your done. You could do this right in front of someone and no one would be the wiser.

~PHDinTHC~
    Smoke ON (Red Bull Air Racing)
  7. Nambus

Nambus New Member

The marijuana cut off is 15 ng and a 50 but i was talking confirmation the initial is 50 ng my girlfriends moms a nurse

Workplace Drug Testing Cutoff Levels
    still wrong ?
  8. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

HUH? Im lost.
  9. leather_jerk

leather_jerk New Member

50 ng for the sum of all 31 metabolites, 15 ng for the one specific metabolite that is most prevalent.

So its not like the 15ng confirm is ~3 times as sensitive a test, per se. just narrows the search down..

hi everyone

(_8(ยบ)