dank with seeds

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by apg3410, Jul 8, 2010.

1. apg3410

apg3410 New Member

I just got an 8th of supposedly "Orange Kush" it looked good and all when i got it but then as i was breaking it up there were around 13 seeds. Was i ripped off or can dank weed sometimes have seeds? it smoked pretty good but im just not sure if it was really kush.
  2. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Dealers will often times throw out names just so they can up the price. The only way to know for sure is to know the grower, but it very well could have been what he said. I have had high grade cannajuana with a few seeds, but not many. So, yes, it is possible for high grade cannajuana to have some seeds. :)
  3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It seems like your lady picked up some stray grains of pollen and got knocked up. It happens. Growers do their best to prevent it, but sometimes a female plant will produce a male flower. If the grower doesn't catch it in time, you get some seeds.

Why don't we have "birth control pills" for cannabis?
  4. LonerStoner

LonerStoner Peace, Love, and Pot!

I don't know about pills, but plants can usually sustain themselves in an sealed container, so you could probably put a big 'condom' over it.
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I don't believe that's true. Plants need to respire just like we do. They take in CO2 from the atmosphere and give off O2 as a waste product (lucky for us!). One of the ways that growers can speed up the growth of their plants is by pumping additional CO2 into the grow room. Good ventilation is always a requirement.
    2 people like this.
  6. LonerStoner

Aaah I was remembering a diagram I once saw, seems there must've been a CO2 source as well.
  7. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

Some of the best weed I've had had seeds in it, so....*shrug* I don't really judge a sack for its seeds unless it is REALLY seedy, or twiggy. If I get a good sack of high grade mids with just a couple of seeds in it, I'll definitely save the seeds for later to toss off into the woods. :D
  8. apg3410

apg3410 New Member

Okay thank you guys i was just unsure on wether i was ripped off
  9. LesPaulLover

LesPaulLover New Member

As has been said already I've gotted dank weed with seeds before. It's not really a bad thing.

The biggest downside would be the fact that you'll be paying dank prices, and some of the weight you'll be getting is seeds.

If it was me........well I would tell my man about it next time i went to pick up and make sure I was compensated. He knows me well and makes money off of me he would be reminded.
  10. LesPaulLover

LesPaulLover New Member

On that note, what DID you pay for the 1/8? I've bought really nice stuff before that was loaded with seeds, and I was told about that and given a discount up front.

Assuming it's someone you know, bring it up next time....again tell him if it happens again youll be taking your business elsewhere. He more than likely knew himself that it was seedy and if that's the case he sounds like a prick to me.
  11. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

I had some purple kush last month that had about 3 seeds (at least those are all I found, didn`t look particularily hard).
  12. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Believe it or not, a lot of dank tree starts off with a lot of seeds in it. The dealers have a tendency to pick out any they find to keep you from growing it yourself or finding someone who does. If they left the seeds in all of their dank buds then we would all become farmers overnight and no more profit:cool:
  13. apg3410

apg3410 New Member

I dropped 50 bucks on it and i told him i could get that quality of weed for 30 bucks. and he said thats what "his guy told him it was" but he would reimburse me. but im done with him once i get my money back
  14. LonerStoner

I have this icky feeling that if they're willing to drop the price that much it was way over priced to begin with, especially if he's not growing it and has a 'guy', because he's got to make profit over the wholesale price.
  15. Frid

Frid New Member

Usually if there are seeds the weed is not as potent. The plant instead focus's on producing seeds and not thc. At least this is what ive read in numerous growing books and gardens cure.
  16. Blunts 4 Me

Blunts 4 Me New Member

As far as I know, the reason that dank usually doesn't have seeds in it is because the growers pollinate the plants until they create only males and then separate those from the females. I guess it's because they don't want people growing there own. :shrug:

I find seeds in my dank sometimes. I guess it just depends on who your grower is and what his priorities are.
  17. noobsaibot

noobsaibot New Member

once i had this weed that had seeds(not a lot, but still...) and you could hardly smell it. i thought it was gonn be weak, but man that stuff was strong. you probably didn't get ripped off.
  18. apg3410

apg3410 New Member

I payed 50 bucks and i confronted him and he is hooking me up with a discount next time and i am taking my bussiness elsewhere:)
  19. Frid

Frid New Member

Good job bud : ]. Dont let em push you around. Your the one with the cash.
  20. apg3410

apg3410 New Member

Thank you all for your opionins!