Did Stanley Kubrick smoke cannabis?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Mikeman9412, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Hey guys!

Stanley Kubrick is my all time favorite director (apart from Alfred Hitchcock, There probably tied) But anyway, I remember watching a video from a coffee shop in amsterdam and I saw a picture of Stanley Kubrick that was signed by him, And I also remember seeing something about him smoking, Does anyone know if he did? Thanks!

-Mike

2. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Anybody know?

3. Scully

Scully New Member

Sorry, but I literally have no clue who you're talking about, even with the quick description.

4. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Stanley Kubrick? One of the best directors!!

A Clockwork Orange?
    The Shinning?
    Full Metal Jacket?
    2001 A Space Odyssey?

Anyway does anyone know? I'm trying to find where I saw that!

5. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

I just did a quick google on "Stanley Kubrick drugs" and found this Playboy interview with him from 1970 on IMDB...

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - FAQ

I'm guessing he took a similar stance on marijuana, but this is old.. I'll keep looking, maybe I can find something more recent.

2 people like this.
  6. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Yeah Thanks for looking!!

I also found that interview, I'm wondering if he had the same stance on Cannabis?

He was rarely seen with out a cigarette and I remember reading something where his parents did say he did drink in moderation, so that means he's not TOTALLY anti-drug

I'd still like to find out about the marijuana though :)

THANKS SOO MUCH FOR LOOKING!!! :rainbow: :hail: :D

Keep up the good work! :thumb::thumb:

7. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

No problem bro! Happy to help :D

8. Kushy

Kushy down

Found this quote here, can't tell if it's referring to Stanley or somebody else, but take a look and see for yourself.

9. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

Found that too, it's referring to Peter Sellers though. I'm beginning to think he didn't smoke pot.

2 people like this.
  10. Scully

Scully New Member

They ring a bell, but I still have no idea who you are talking about, friend. Nor do I have any recollection of the.... movies... you listed out, sir.

11. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Yeah It's hard to tell who he's talking about, Do you guys think its the other guy or Kubrick?

12. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

I said it before, he is most definitely talking about Peter Sellers.......