Diffuse Scleroderma+crest+lupus+sjogren"s And Fibromyagia

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by hurricanekymmie, Feb 21, 2006.

1. hurricanekymmie

hurricanekymmie New Member

Hi Everyone, :wave:
    This is my first thread. I as wondering if anybody has any experience with these diseases and if there is something i could smoke that would help with the muscle and joint pain and the nausea and vomitting and the insomnia. i hoping to get some expereinced advice, maybe I need to try different bud for different symptoms. I want relief but don't want to walk around in a stupor all day. thanks for any imput.

PS. My husband and I will be travelling to the warmth of the beautiful south sun. Is there anywhere that you may be aware of, other than Jammaca that you can purchase and smoke without hassles... :cool:

2. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Hi there.
    Sorry to hear about your illness. Those are some pretty complex diagnoses. I've never really smoked for medical reasons but from my own experience, and from many medical users I've spoken to, Indica strains of cannabis seemto be preferred by medical users, especially for the pains and arthritis that come with your condition, since they generally give more of a "body high," as compared to Sativa strains which are generally more "Cerebral" and give you more of a mind buzz than a full body stone. But those are just generalizations. I'd smoke whatever you can get your hands on and see how you feel. I take it you are new to marijuana smoking?

As for info for a hookup for your vacation, unfortunately we do not discuss that type of information on these forums, as it is againt the guidelines. Plus I just do not know.
    Sorry.
    :wave:

3. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

All those diagnosese make me wonder if perhaps you shouldnt' start from the beginning again...

Scleradoma, lupus & fibro?

Sjogren's won't be aided by marijuana at all -- in fact it will increase the sensation of dry-mouth.

Treatments for scleradoma, lupus and fibro are similar in that they are all auto-immune responses felt systemically. Most are treated (for the overall pain) with NSAIDS, leading to steroidal treatments if the NSAIDS are not working, and then onto the use of chemotherapies to allay the autoimmune cycle; however, the diagnosis usually centers on one of these diseases (or on rhematoid A.) and not on all of them.

I would therefore question your diagnoses -- make some serious life changes dealing with Stress Reduction; eating whole grain and foods not heavily processed; eat meats and proteins that are free-range thereby limiting additional hormones and antibiotics in your diet; cutting out caffeine and refined sugars; and increasing your intake of water.

In addition a regimen of walking, 15 minutes twice a day, to build muscle endurance, increase heart health and lung health, and increase the strength of the large muscles of the legs and upper arm to improve circulation in the venus (veins) system would be worthwhile. This would also decrease some of the stress in your body and raise natural endorphin levels.

The change healthwise will not be quick or sudden. You would need to keep this regimen 7 days a week for about 6 months before any noticieable changes will occur.

In addition you may wish to try some of the new Anti Depressant treatment which has been found to alleviate greatly the expression of pain caused by Fibro. The information can be found at Cymbalta, the anti depressant that was most currently tested as having this effect.

Do not rely on cannabis to "cure" you.

While cannabis is a marvelous plant with many positive qualities -- it is not a magic bullet any more than willow bark tea. Learning to care for your body Every Day, especially on those hard days, is the real answer. Cannabis may help but the real work starts within You.

....have a cookie ;)

Mama Budz

4. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post and I know I'm about four years too late but hopefully this may be of some benefit to readers.

My wife was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's three years ago but has been showing symptoms and getting progressively worse since her late teens, she's now 44. She has also recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Lupus and one or more auto-immune diseases is quite common, she calls it "but one get one free" and about a third of lupus patients subsequently also develop fibromyalgia.

She has been smoking weed for the past year and it has made a real difference to her quality of life in terms of reduced pain but more importantly a significant reduction in her chronic fatigue. It also helps manage the side effects of the list of medication that she is on.

Indica strains are the best medicinally and if she is in a lot of pain, smoking will relieve it but she doesn't get high. She generally smokes in the evening and one joint will give relief for up to 24 hours.

Good luck and I hope that this helps.