Dilantin, for seizures. Ok to smoke?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Cintex, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Cintex

Cintex New Member

Well a good friend of mine went under surgery a year ago for a brain tumor, but just recently (a month ago) was hit real hard during a softball game. She felt sick and moments later started to have seizures. She recovered quickly and is now on Dilantin, to help prevent and seizures. Is it ok for my friend to smoke or should she lay off while on meds (shell be on them for a while though) Thanks.
  2. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Difficult question to answer.

My strong suggestion would be for her to discuss this with her neurologist.

There is a lot of information out right now about cannabinoids (chemicals found in the cannabis plant) and their positive use on brain trauma injury.

Her neurologist should know that pot was being used prior to the injury by the ball acident and needs to know if it is being used now.

It may be important information required in monitoring her recovery

I would be concerned about the percussive cough associated with smoking marijuana, expecially after a hit on the head.
  3. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

if it were me, i would ABSOLUTELY talk it over with my doc.

when playing with the brain, its best to be sure, no?
  4. Cintex

Cintex New Member

Well bad news today guys. Today in school, althought 1 month later, she had another seizure. Im not sure why, since shes in the hospital at the moment, but Im pretty sure itll be a while before she smokes :(
  5. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

We'll be sending our prayers in her direction...and do tell her to let her neurologist know if she smoked before or after or otherwise.