DILUTION: tips, tricks and guidelines from N2

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by IamN2pot, May 10, 2004.

1. Ru4aBud

Ru4aBud New Member

Thanks ImN2Pot

I had a great opportunity for a job but I suspected I would need to give a urine test and from my experience as a contractor, I figured I would have about two weeks before I would start work from the time that I found out that they were interested in me. Now I have been a heavy smoker, virtually everyday for 30 years, so when I found out they were interested in me I abstained and sure enough at the final interview they told me I would have to go through a drug screening and asked if that would be a problem.

Well they gave me a date to have the test by and it gave me 16 days from the time that I had quit partaking, and I PASSED it. I thank ImN2Pot’s for the info and links.

For those interested in the details, I’m 6’ 1”, 205# and was already exercising regularly but from the time I had quit smoking until 5 days before my test I doubled the amount of aerobic exercise I was doing to burn as much fat as I could. For the last 5 days I quit exercising altogether to quit metabolizing fat. 5 days before the test I started to load creatine, as much as my bowels could handle (10 grams a day). I was planning to take the test in the 12:30 to 1:00 PM time frame so the day of the test I started to load water around 7:30 to 8:00AM and using the advise in the original posting as a guideline, replacing the voided water with water and tea. I started to void clear at about 10:00AM and had about 4 to 5 clear voids before I left to go to my test. 2 hours before my test I took 4, 325mg aspirins and a B complex tablet and a second B complex just before I left for the test. I had a half hour trip to the clinic and a half hour of paper work and waiting once I was there. I stopped at a fast food restaurant close to the clinic to check my color and it was ‘ vitamin yellow’. Everything went fine but I felt like crap the rest of the day until I ate some fruit so I would suggest eating a banana with some fruit or orange juice afterwards because I am guessing that the flushing depleted my potassium and electrolytes, which is why I did not feel well afterwards.

I hope this helps some of the masses out there,

Ru4aBud
  2. IamN2pot

IamN2pot Seasoned Activist

That's right and it's one of the reasons I include the sports drinks as a substitute for water.
    Glad you passed and we could help.
    :!)
    N2
  3. mimi

mimi New Member

methadone yes thc no

I'm 46 trs. old 5'7 and 200lbs. In 27 days I have a piss test to make sure I'm taking my methadone for cronic back pain 2 surgeries and no relief. Last test tested pos. for thc dr. says I need to test cleasn for thc or I will loose my methadone. I have tested pos. for thc for the past 3 years with no problem. My dr. left and this one is taking his place. He says he coulkd loose his liscence for giving rx for narcotics when I am using pot. I use every day for 30 years. If I do the dilution method this will make my methadone not show up right? What should I do? :(
  4. b-dubya

b-dubya New Member

ANother concerned customer

I can schedule my test for whenever I want. I have been taking my time. It has been 37 days and I am really feeling like I want to take the test in the next few days.
    I smoked numerous times a day for 10 years. Now I am free for like I said, 37 days. I weigh just over 200 and am 5'9.

Do you think I need to even use the method posted here, or should I just go for it?

Do we know of anyone who failed or had to be restested after using this method posted in here with the aspirin and all?
  5. Jarus

Jarus New Member

Aspirin?

Hi there,

Got a test in pretty much exactly 48 Hours. I know it's a urine test and they check for drugs (coke, weed, speed etc.) and I'm about to start this dilution method - with the creatine.

My only question is, in Australia we don't really have "aspirin" well we do but we don't call it aspirin like you blokes up there. So what I'm wondering is, does anyone know what the alternative is for us in Australia? The only thing I can think of that would be it, is Disprin only cause of the name... lol.

I was thinking Nurofen would be the go, but I've read that someone taking nurofen (ibuprofen) days before a test will come up with a false-positive, so it must not be that?

Basically yeah, just wondering if someone could please let me know asap what to buy for the asprin?

I'm a regular smoker (once a week at LEAST, usually once every couple of days) it's usually a lot too, it's a mix and I'd have say 6+ bongs every session. I'm about 5'10" I think and 210lbs. My last smoke from typing this post was about 28-30 hours ago. And since my last job finished (i left because of possibly getting this new job which I have the test for) and in the holiday period I've had between the 2 jobs I've been smoking flat stick daily. So yeah I'll let you know the results. I don't know what kind of test apart from being piss.

But yeah could someone please help me out with the asprin thing? :)

Thanks.
  6. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

Aspirin is used as a masking agent on older tests. It may not work on a newer test.

The chemical name is acetyl salicylate.

Any other painkiller will not work-- this includes ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, acetaminophen, hydrocodone, codeine, etc.
  7. TercelHell

TercelHell New Member

Does this happen?

don’t forget that a diluted results, while not the results wanted, IS NOT a failed results but may require a re-test.

I took a test @ Quest Diagnostics on Cleveland and Missouri about a 14 days or so ago and the second day after I took the test I called my potential employer to "find out" the results and to my surprise, he said that he hadn't received the results yet. So this same thing went on for a week, I'd call and he'd say the same thing and same thing happened to a person before me, that they took a dt @ Quest and that person still hasn't received the results either. This sounds weird. Appearantly Quest "lost" my test results and that employer is wanting me to pretty much do another test before he hires me. I am sure I diluted my urine enough and been clean enough for a neg result. Does this just happen? Does a company on the front lines of dt's just lose my results or am I being set up for a comparison specimen? Do they do that? Well I took a hit like 4 days ago so now it's back to the same prep.
    QuestDiagnostics::plasma::
  8. b-dubya

b-dubya New Member

2 more questions

1) If you take Aspirin, do you have to 'declare' this before you take your test, and if so, should you say yes or no. YOu know, on the form, does it ask if you've taken any other drugs or medications today or anything like that? If you say no, can they detect it?

2) Can I take a multivitamin instead of the b-complex?

3) Ill have been 44 days clean the day I plan to take this test. BUT I CANT FAIL!
  9. mestskater

mestskater New Member

need some help here

i was wondering what i should do.....i used to smoke once in awhile and now i been trying to get this job and i knew i was gonna be drug tested..the thing was i didnt know when soo i stoped..i havent smoked in over threw months and the i was at my friends party and took one hit. It felt so good might i ad. but i dont see the test coming around for another month or 2....Considering i want to smoke i was wondering how long before should i stop smoking before the test...I am 5'8" 165lbs and i work out at the gym 5 times a week...I usually drink water all day long and thats it....i have been taking a small dosage of creatine for a couple weeks now, just for the purpose of working out..do i have anything to worry about? thanks
  10. Jarus

Jarus New Member

Eating while in process of dilution?

Hi there,

Just wondering my test is in roughly just under 4 hours. Took 4 Aspirins (bayer extra strength 500mg asp per tab) and just drank 2x 8oz glasses of water. I'm really hungry as my last meal was hours ago and I had a little snack maybe just under 2 hours ago but it wasn't much. I'm just wondering I don't wanna stuff up the dilution process, but when I get hungry I get stomach pains if I don't get my food, so I don't want to now eat. And I think IIRC I read that eating high-fat foods before a test might help also? So I'm thinking of pigging out so I'm not hungry till after the test, but will it hinder my chances at all? That's what I'm worried about.
  11. FitnessToker

FitnessToker New Member

I really want the job that I interviewed for today... but they will test me before offering me the job. and I won't pass. I'm going to try the dilution method, with my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the info!
    ~Wishful thinking
  12. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Good Luck

Good Luck, what about subbing?
  13. b-dubya

b-dubya New Member

If I have to have bloodwork done, for my doctor, and it is a routine physical, but be fasting at the same time I want to take my urinalysis (it is all on the same lab work request form for Quest) can I still use the dilute method? The aspirin, water (I was going to use gatorade but I guess no more), and the vitamins will throw off the fast.

I guess I can say oops, forgot to fast, how about I take the urine test and come back tommorrow for the bloodwork.

What do you think?
  14. grillmeats

Vitamins

I have no Idea why the vitamins would change the blood results. I take my vitamins when I get up even when I am having blood work done. The doctor never said not to take them
  15. yayachris

yayachris New Member

overwhelmed...

I have a drug test coming up in 2 days...I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day, taking golden seal and vitaim B for over a week. Now I'm trying to drink as much cranberry juice as my body can handel. I have tested positive on my home drug test 3 times and I don't know what else to do. I was able to put off the test from yesterday to Monday but I can't put it off any longer. After reading so much stuff on line I don't even know if the golden seal has any affect or not. I am a 48 year old grandmother of 2 who found years ago and it helps with my ADD and now I find it helps with my hip pain. (plus I just enjoy it) I would never do it on the job or even driving at this point of my life. I have the job I just need to pass the test. Is there really any sure fire way to pass without risking my life?? I haven't smoked for almost 2 weeks. Help!! :(
  16. jugglz

jugglz New Member

im realy scared

i took like 5 decently big rezin hits of my pipe about 4 or 5 days befor i got a piss test. i drank a resinabl amout of water in that time and i wanted to know if there is a risk of it coming up. pls respont
  17. b-dubya

b-dubya New Member

Sounds like you should eat lots of aspirin and follow the directions here..

Thats all I am going to do tommorrow. I am practicing right now, the night before and will use a home test around 3-4 hours from now. Just took 4 aspirin.. I have been taking the creatine, but I hope I have taken enough. I have foudn it hard to drink 4 times a day, but Ive been doubling or tripling the recommended dosage.. Got a killer headache yesterday though when I woke up..

Where is N2 when you need him?!?!? hehe
  18. heavenleigh

heavenleigh New Member

Thank You N2

passed my test. thanx N2
  19. grillmeats

Question To Ask

Why didn't you stop Smoking? You would pass your test and that would've helped your Father's stress.
  20. heavenleigh

heavenleigh New Member