Do life insurance companies test for weed?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by []D[][]V[][]d, Mar 20, 2006.

1. []D[][]V[][]d

[]D[][]V[][]d New Member

i know they test for nicotine but am unclear whether they test for THC

2. walstmonky

walstmonky New Member

My wife and I bought policies in 2002. We made applications to 2 companies, each requiring a physical. Test results are available on request. One company tested for cannabis, one didn't. Both tested for nicotine and cocaine. So the answer is, depends on the company.

3. []D[][]V[][]d

[]D[][]V[][]d New Member

Thanks for the reply. I've been clean three weeks and am going to do the dillution method to be safe but my concern is that I may be raising red flags when I don't have to. If the sole reason for the urine test was to check for cannabis I wouldn't be as cocerned, but I assume they are also testing your general health by testing your urine

4. walstmonky

walstmonky New Member

Of course one of the advantages of a life insurance whiz quiz is that you have the luxury of scheduling it. They'll be there to sell you a policy in a few weeks or a month, or six months, if you need it to be 'clean'. I went without for five weeks before my test. Wish I still had the results handy, I don't recall tests for other stuff but wouldn't be shocked if they did. BTW, if you want to consider substitution the person that came to do our 'physicals' just sat in the living room and let us walk into the bathroom unobserved so that would have been easy. QuickFix advertises itself as a method of passing a nicotine test as a matter of fact. One thing you might consider is just straight up asking the company what tests they are performing.