do male plants produce seeds and buds that you can smoke?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by irievibes, Jun 7, 2008.

1. irievibes

irievibes New Member

on another forum from another site everyone is saying that males dont produce seeds and you cant smoke the buds. im saying this is blasphemy because its contrary to what ive read/been told.:wtf:

2. Pompo

Pompo New Member

New members should read the Posting Guidelines (there's a link in my signature for your convienence :D). Growing discussions are not allowed here. If your 18 or older, head on over to The Garden's Cure (our sister site). I'm sure you get expert advice there ;)
    BTW, welcome to the site, see you around the boards :wave:

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Do roosters lay eggs? Do tomcats have kittens? A male plant produces pollen. A female plant is fertilized by pollen and produces seeds. Did you miss sex ed? :D Cannabis is a dioecious species, with separate male and female plants. Occasionally they turn hermaphrodite, with the same plant producing both male and female flowers.

Male plants have flowers that produce pollen. They have a small fraction of the amount of THC produced by female plants.

6 people like this.
  4. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

spoken like a true leafer buzz :p

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I don't know what a "leafer" is. I'm a voracious reader, gobbling up anything that looks interesting. I got all of that stuff from the introductory material on Gardenscure.com.

6. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

it was a compliment, hence the 'thanks' thing. i was insinuating that you hold a very vast and impressive amount of knowledge on the topic of MJ, and others such as myself have a lot to learn from people like you

leafer :p

7. got_weed?

got_weed? New Member

lol buzzby pretty much covered this whole thread for us.:)

8. blackandgoldpride

blackandgoldpride New Member

try the book Buds for less