do you ever get awkward when you're high?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by emuhhleee, Apr 14, 2009.

1. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

i know i do. it's really embarrassing too. just to name a few things i do:

i'll be typing something, & it'll take me 10 minutes just to type one sentence because i'll constantly think to myself "would i usually say this?" or "would this make sense to the other person reading this?", when i'm high i tend to stay with small words.

i don't get high with people i don't know because i make a total fool out of myself (not that this is a bad thing), but it does piss some people off at times because i can't control my high. when i'm with people i'm not comfortable with, it shows really bad. i won't talk, i'll get really reserved & quiet. it also seems like when i'm uncomfortable i'll twitch. twitching is a very awkward thing to do, especially infront of people i don't know.

another thing: when i'm stoned, i'm brutally honest, i come off as the biggest bitch in the world, only in the nicest way possible. it seems weird considering weed is supposed to make you calm & mellow. i mean, yeah, i get calm & mellow, but i'm just honest.

when i'm stoned, i forget how to smoke. haha, i smoke until i forget how to. one day, i was so high, that i almost smoked out of the bowl piece of the pipe. everyone laughed, then told me not to break the pipe. that, again, was some embarrassing shit.

last but not least, i don't get lazy when i'm high. i actually become a brillant person. i don't get tired, i get incredibly energetic. not hyper, but energetic. my mind makes some amazing pieces of art, i mean, i can write for hours & hours when i'm high because things just come to me faster & easier. i can draw AMAZING things, some weird, some absolutely beautiful. last year, i took the school testing high, & guess what? i passed above average on all 4 tests.

sometimes i think weed isn't for me, but then i think of all the advantages that it has for me, personally. sorry for the ramble, i am a little high. i just needed to vent, i guess. i don't really remeber exactly why i posted this, but now that i got all of it out, i feel content.

anyone else feel the same?

9 people like this.
  2. industrialbug

industrialbug New Member

When i'm stoned, I send text messages to the wrong people. And the other day I forgot my friend was over and I was reading a bunch of jokes off the internet and shes jewish and i accidentally read off one of those offensive hitler jokes, and i didn't think anything of it.. and she got really mad at me. I wasn't even thinking. She wouldn't talk the rest of the night then about an hour later she went home.

The other day I was smoking a cigarette and i was thinking "wow this cigarette is really light" but I didn't even light it and I was "smoking" it for about 5 minutes before realizing. I was wondering why people were looking at me funny...

I wish I could do artistic things when i'm stoned, like you. I just don't have the creativity for it. Although one day I was smoking in the bedroom and I had an empty bottle of juice and for some reason i saw eyes on the ridges on the bottle, so i took paint, painted the eyes black and then i just made a really neat looking guy out of a bottle. He has incense sticks for arms and I made him wearing a dunce cap and he has big buck teeth. I will probably post pictures. I don't think anyone else will think thats creative...but i do.lol

3 people like this.
  3. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

i offend a lot of people when i'm high. i don't even realize it until i get the reaction. i just don't think about things i would normally think about sober.
    i can't tell you how many times i've litten (is that how you spell it?) a cigarette backwards, haha. i'm caught my hair on fire, tried smoking a rolled filtered cigarette without tobacco, haha i don't remember how i even got to that point, but it was awful.
    i love arguing about pointless things. i'll go on & on & on about different time zones & how much i hate abercrombie clothing.

4. warofages

warofages New Member

It always happens to me. Now, I don't get stoned to the point of forgetting how to smoke, that's just impossible for me but I do some retarded things. Although I wish every high would give me energy, there's only a few times I can remember me getting an energy boost off of it. Although, every time I come down completely off a high/buzz, I gain energy like no tomorrow. For example, last night I was crippled off 2 blunts and I came home with a decent buzz, played guitar for a bit and then realized it was gone but then I found it pretty dam hard to fall asleep.

5. macphearsome

macphearsome New Member

I get super awkward when I'm high.

It's super bad when I'm around the fairer sex, especially if they don't smoke weed. Nothing ruins your buzz more than some chick totally pointing out all the stupid things you do...

I think the most awkward thing I do when I smoke weed is I get this huge awkward grin on my face. It's a combination of being really high and having dry teeth (cotton mouth) but I can't keep from smiling. My coworkers refer to it as "that shit-eating grin that dan gets when he's high"

6. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

i know exactly what you mean. when i'm high, i'll have the most ridiculous stoned faced ever, haha. i smile so big, & i don't even realize i do it. some people have said it makes me look like a rabbit or a horse.

7. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

yeah

I do get sort of awkward when I'm high. When I'm high at work I like ALL of my coworkers and I'm very pleasant to be around lol the same for school.

But I do stupid things, like yesterday I lit the filtered part of a cig! And was wondering why it wouldn't stay lit.

Yesterday was the first time I smoked with people in a couple months and I was talking a lot eventually I realized it, wrapped the sentence up and stopped talking lol

8. Tr3-0

Tr3-0 New Member

Hmmm.
    Its very suprising to me that everyone here agrees!
    :eek:

But really.
    When im elivated to a certain extent, i feel as though all is right.
    The kinda feeling you get when nothing can go wrong.
    I love being high, publicly, in-publicly.
    Publicly being my preferrd choice, though i do love some
    bowls to the dome, it dosn't come close to being around new folks!!!
    People tend to like being around me when im high more than not.
    Which is basicaly 24/7 you know?
    Not literaly, but to the sence that its about all day long.
    :D

But thats just me.​

Ps. Realy??? Everyone!?!? lol.​

9. smarten-up

smarten-up Sr. Member

My lips sometimes turn purple.... and I get kinda antisocial. Depends on who Im with.

10. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

haha, i get really pale & cold. i'll get cold sweats where i'm REALLY warm, but my toes or hands are cold. maybe i just have poor circulation?

11. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

As a matter of fact NO!!! Marijuana is the cure for stage fright, shyness,failure,and self-consciousness. It's the perfect society medicine! anybodies insult, seems funny, hard looks,are awareness lessons, You can see , hear,and feel the surroundings, both there,and imagined. If there was a tool, for getting to another realm,or dimension, marijuana is it! Paranoia is in effect, so there's no body watching, that I don't imagine, 1st! Magic Mystery Marijuana, comes through again!

12. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

I know the feeling, I become even more brutally honest than I normally am when I am high too...it has gotten me in trouble on a few occasions. I also argue about pointless things...my boyfriend once told me that I argue just for the sake of arguing sometimes...which is kinda true. I am a pretty introverted person, so I tend to get very awkward when I am high, I sometimes become very quiet, to the point that my friends become worried about me, but its just me sitting in the corner running a million thoughts through my mind...not even paying attention to my surroundings, or the conversation.

13. Sonicxxx

Sonicxxx New Member

Yeah man, I get really awkward when I'm with people I don't particularly enjoy being high with. For example if they talk too much over and over about the same thing I'l just stay quiet or literally tell them to be quiet nicely. One time I was with this girl who's like my close friend and she was all like "ahh I love you man" and I literally just replied like "aha.. thanks" and I kinda just looked away from her. ( I'm a girl btw, she was just really high, usually I'de be like aww I love you too but you know, awkward highs haha) What's weird is I'm really aware and intelligent when high, but everything just feels so unnatural, things make sense, but it feels fake. But what bugs me is I over think the high way too much which gets me uncomfortable sometimes. As you said, I also tend to be like "Would I actually say this?" or "Do these people think I'm weird as fuck?"

As for being high in public I can't stand it, I'de feel like everyone is staring at me, I get really paranoid but as I said I'm really aware when I'm high so I just think to myself "your just really high and to everyone else you seem pretty normal your just paranoid" lmao, I over think it so much sometimes it gets me uncomfortable.

But it surprises me how intelligent I am, when I'm high with my stoner friends, we come up with the coolest conversations/ideas, and I can text/tweet like I'm not high.

And yeah I become really cold when I'm high and my heart beat gets really fast, I constantly need to smoke and drink something too. It's weird. I personally prefer after-highs. Sometimes I get scared when I get higher than I first intended to.

14. spritezero

spritezero New Member

yeaaa i usually get anti-social and quiet when im smoking with other people. but there are a few close friends that i talk to a lot when I'm high. I just feel less awkward around the people that are closest to me b/c they already know me really well.

(My bad if this doesn't make much sense, I'm rather high)

15. GetRondo'd

GetRondo'd New Member

Yes I do, but I'm usually too high to care.

16. Drew420

Drew420 New Member

If I get too high I tend to like just start drumming on everything and telling jokes nonstop. Depends on the bud, really.

17. Lord Finesse

Lord Finesse New Member

Haha some of these are great. I definitely get awkward sometimes when I'm baked, but never as awkward as the time my friend (a girl) tried to hook up with me when I wanted no part of it. Ripped off a few bong bowls this girl calls me to ask if I can help her study for our calc exam, and invites herself over to my house. I don't really get calculus and mainly cheat off her to get by, so she tries to explain something and I just kinda shrug with nothing to say. theres an uncomfortable silence before she pushes her fucking book off the desk and like monkeys her ass around me, and I was hella uncomfortable. I had this massive cut on my lip so i cant even really kiss her, not that i really wanted to as she is around a 5, and after what seemed like an eternity she finally sensed I wasnt feeling it. "Im gonna go..." I sat there in shock for at least 5 minutes before bursting out laughing. Calc was pretty awkward for the next few months

18. Insaneteacher

Insaneteacher Fare You Well

i wish i still got high enough to feel "awkward"

3 people like this.
  19. sativaking

sativaking New Member

Two times this school year Ive been high around a shitload of people. First time, probably the most awkward day fucking ever. I smoked a joint before a football game, which are pretty much what my high school is centered around. I showed up late and high, and had no idea where my girlfriend was, so I sat down next to the nearest person I knew, as I was in no condition to be walking around, and shit was I awkward , cant quite remember how but just that is was wayyyyy awkward. And the rest of the night was the same way pretty much, too many awkward things to list so I wont.

As for the texting while high, I was real high once, I was texting this one girl who lives by me, I asked her to make me a sandwich and to "make sure you dont put ketchup on it" wasn't aware at that moment people don't put ketchup on sandwiches.

20. SteveH90

SteveH90 New Member

Haha yeah, once I was round my friends house. His girlfriend and this gorgeous friend of hers are there on the sofa. I sneak out with another friend for a joint. Come back totally stoned. Having a in depth conversation with her and she starts a topic about how much she hates weed and stoners. I've never felt more awkward trying to hide it. She properly knew and was winding me up at the time but boy did I do awkward shit trying to hide it lool.