Do you think that weed causes premature wrinkles

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by freewayashley, Jun 7, 2008.

1. freewayashley

freewayashley New Member

Specifically for daily smokers.
  2. AnotherToker

AnotherToker New Member

i cant say i see any connection between wrinkles and weed. Ive been smoking for more years than I care to admit and i still have great skin for what its worth.

Now your teeth are another story when we are talking heavy smoker..
    2 people like this.
  3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

That's a really good question. One I've never heard before. I know that cigarette smoking makes you wrinkle. I have one sister who is 63 and another who is 66. The younger one smoked from the age of 14 until two years ago. The older one never smoked anything. My younger sister looks ten years older than the older one.

I don't know what it is about cigarette smoke that causes this. If it's something common to both kinds of smoke, it should have the same effect. If it's something unique to tobacco smoke, it wouldn't.

If you research why cigarette smoke causes wrinkles, you'd be on your way to an answer. If you do, please report back to this thread and let us know what you've found out.
  4. mtvesuvius

mtvesuvius New Member

Well I found this article online:
    Smoking: Does it cause wrinkles? - MayoClinic.com

It mentions that smoking causes wrinkles for two reasons:
    1) It causes the narrowing of blood vessels, which restricts the flow of important nutrients. I'm not sure whether this applies with mj smoke, but

2) Direct quote: "In addition, repeated exposure to the heat from burning cigarettes and the facial expressions you make when smoking — such as pursing your lips when inhaling and squinting your eyes to keep out smoke — may contribute to wrinkles."

2 might very well be a problem for some
  5. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

cosmetic changes in smokers include:
    1) yellowing of teeth
    2) singing and blackening of lips
    3) loss of elasticity and hydration of skin.

That being said, smokers should always brsh with tooth whiteners, use chapstix, use a hydrating oil.
    Folks, ther's benefits and consequences of smoking herb---just be wise and do the therapy!
    2 people like this.
  6. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I am not a doctor, or anything at all that would give this credibility, but I know that MJ is a dilator, it makes the blood vessels bigger, so that is the opposite effect of what tobacco smoke does.

PLEASE correct this if it is wrong.
  7. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

I wouldn't worry about herb, I'd worry about the sunlight and squint. I've worked outside for the most part all my life. The one thing about construction workers that is pretty common is that they have heavy wrinkles, sometimes by their mid-thirties. It's from being in the sunlight for extended periods. I've always worn sunglasses and my face is still wrinkle free at 51.......;)

I am a good looking fucker, though......:toocool:

Some Where In Ded Land...........:rolleyes:
  8. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

I can't see how it would. I can't speak from experience as I am 22 and still wrinkle-less.
    I've never heard of a connection between marijuana and the skin.
  9. mtvesuvius

mtvesuvius New Member

I've also heard this. In fact, I heard that's why your eye's get red. It's the blood vessels dilating.