Do you use a screen when smoking?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by tdlex420, Feb 18, 2009.

?

Do you use a screen when smoking from a bowl, bong, etc.?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

I myself use a screen anytime I am smoking out of a bowl, bong, etc. I'm pretty sure I have heard most arguments on both sides but feel free to post why you chose your answer.

2. rich420

rich420 New Member

I only use a screen if it is needed. Say if a hole was to big in my pipe or bowl piece then I would resort to a screen. When I make home made pieces, then i'll more than likely use a screen for it. Other than that, I don't like using them unless I need to.

2 people like this.
  3. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

I hear ya but have always found it odd that people argue over such a thing.

Sometimes screens (as rich points out) make sense and sometimes they don't.
    It's a practical matter, no more no less...

4. jodster

jodster New Member

I only use a screen for my chillium. Usually I don't have a problem with ash or bud falling down spoons.

5. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

where do you guys get screens? or do you use something around the house?

6. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I've never gotten the point to people arguing about it either. For me, regardless of how small the hole is, I feel better about using a screen as I know for sure it won't waste any weed.

7. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

Most head shops/tobacco stores will sell screens in small packs.

8. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Hardware stores and markets sell faucet aerators for a few bucks. Just buy one, unscrew the fitting and the screen will fall right out.
    So, if you don't have a head shop near you or just don't want to go to one then, while more expensive, these will do just as well.
    Marine supply stores also commonly sell loose screen that can be cut to size.

Some people just pirate the screen from their parent's or friend's kitchen faucets
    but that's not very friendly is it?

9. rich420

rich420 New Member

When I need to use screens I grab them from old headphones I have, the earbud ones though. They have small metal screens in some earbuds and then again, some may be plastic.

10. SolarToker

SolarToker New Member

I use a small pebble as my screen in a bong.
    Pebbles are found everywhere and are usually free.
    Just wash them a bit before using.

11. rich420

rich420 New Member

Sounds ironic when you say to wash it, when heat is a good sanitizer. But correct me if im wrong.

12. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Not entirely,
    but heat often facilitates the release of any toxins that may have adhered to a given substance, in this case a pebble.
    If it were me, I'd first wash it or soak it in alcohol...

13. ctwalrus

ctwalrus New Member

i use glass screens

14. Smoking-My-Cancer

Smoking-My-Cancer New Member

I've always used a screen when I smoke. Mainly because I make alot of my own bongs. The gravity I made a week ago was the shit for real, but the socket I used was to wide so I went to the head shop and got a pack of screens.

15. Yotabeater

Yotabeater New Member

Anybody here use screen-buddies? They make all the difference.