Does anyone know if steriods, Predison will cause a false possative urine test

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by guitargirl1, Jul 27, 2011.

1. guitargirl1

guitargirl1 New Member

Yea, someone has just informed me that cause i take a kinda big dose of predison daily, for 2 years now, that it can do that. Im not sure, but id really like to hear from someone who has been where im headed. im totally freaking out about this now that i've heard it. whats up with that? i started looking it up on the internet, and sure enough it said it. that dont make it true, could be trying to sell a product. I dont know. any advice or any input that might help me would be appreciated greatly. thanks again. 51st day clean, and wishing that i could burn one or 2. will be so glad when this is over.:confused:
  2. TheeBudGuru

TheeBudGuru New Member

You might want to learn how to spell first.
  3. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

And you a little empathy.

Unusual theory you have presented here TheeBudGuru. Please share that knowledge and explain how correct spelling would be an aid to anyone looking to pass a drug screen.
    2 people like this.
  4. TheeBudGuru

TheeBudGuru New Member

Okay, so I picked on something that really didn't have anything to do with the question, or did it? I believe if you want to convey a message or ask a question one should try to be as articulate as possible, think about what kind of answer you want, wording and proper spelling play a big part in this, this is why we are taught English in school. Please excuse me if I seem to be unkind about this individuals situation but, "Come On for Crying Out Loud, check your spelling! When you don't check your spelling it makes you look uneducated! So, it's positive not possative.
  5. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Okay. You've had your say and now feeling much better about yourself I suppose.

Noticed that this was your first post in this subforum and you should know that we take things very seriously here. Trolling, off topic postings or hijacking threads to play grammar/spelling cop contribute nothing to those whose careers. families and freedoms have been put at risk. If you have nothing to contribute, you have nothing to say.

Now I have had my say and let us end it here.
    Cheers ~

Apologies to the OP for having taken the thread off topic.
  6. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

guitargirl1,

Okay, I want to help but I'm a little confused. Are you asking if prednisone causes a false positive on a marijuana drug test? Or, are you asking whether it could intensify a potential positive if you are a smoker? Can you give us more details about your situation? That's a lot of pred by the way. If you don't mind my asking, what do you take it for? If it's for pain and inflammation, you may be able to get some leeway if you were tested. Maybe. Just throwing that out there.

More details please. Oh, and I hope you have already started doing at home urine tests--please if you can take one of those and post about it when you have. Congrats on almost 3 months clean!
    2 people like this.
  7. guitargirl1

guitargirl1 New Member

hey dave, I take the prednisone daily and also plaquenil 400 mgs daily for Lupus (SLE). I have been in a very bad "flareup" for a good while now, dont seem to be getting much better. My question was, can or does the pred influence the urine test at all. I have heard that it could cause a FP on a urine test. I have been on the pred for a couple of years now, it's not an easy drug to take. And the side effects are the worst.
  8. guitargirl1

guitargirl1 New Member

Do you feel better now that you got to play teacher? It's always the ones like you, that like to run that mouth but never, ever have nothing good to say.
  9. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

I will report the two of them bickering back and forth if they don't stop.

OP..Maybe You should get one of those home drug screens from wallmart to see if it will show up..And also when you take a drug test sometimes they will ask you if you are taking any medications...I hope this helps..
  10. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

The OP has already taken her screen, and passed, as was reported in the results thread.

Cheers ~
    2 people like this.