Does pot dull your sense of taste and smell?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by BigBongBill93, Sep 14, 2002.

1. BigBongBill93

BigBongBill93 New Member

I mean like even when your not high. Does it permenately dull your taste and smell senses? Or would they come back if you stopped smoking? Or does it not even do anything of the sort?

2. bloodshoteyez

bloodshoteyez New Member

well, it enhances my senses when i smoke it, so i don't see why it would dull your senses when your not high. if it does, theres a simple solution; smoke some more weed and all's good again.

3. jaydawg

jaydawg New Member

pot defenetely doesnt dull your taste, it inhanses my taste a lot. Everything tastes so much better, but i bet you all know that

4. EeJay

EeJay Senior Member

I wouldn't say everything tastes better. For me it just seems like taste is intensified and things that taste good, taste really good, things that taste bad, taste really bad...

5. dyolF kniP

dyolF kniP New Member

Ciggarettes are responsible for dulling your sense of taste and smell. When i quit i noticed the difference completely when i smoked and ate some food.

6. poolman950

poolman950 Guest

Weed definetely dulls my sense of taste and smell, and the same goes for all of my friends. Sure, food *feels* a lot better, and you enjoy the experience of consuming food a great deal more because of the munchies, but as for actually tasting the damn food...thats another story. Marijuana definetely dulls your sense of taste and of smell, even when consumed orally...when I was a n00b, like 2 years ago, I thought there was just something wrong with me, because I kept reading about how marijuana supposedly enhances your senses. I later found out from a lot of friends (and again, from re-enforcing personal experience) that whilst it definetely increases some of yout senses, such as touch and hearing, smell and taste go right out the window. I think a lot of people confuse the enjoyment they derive from eating whilist high with some refined sense of taste...its one thing to enjoy consuming, and its another to enjoy tasting. Marijuana enhances the former but not the latter. So yes, I completely agree.

7. AnarchistBarbie

AnarchistBarbie New Member

Not only does smoking pot [or anything else] have the strong potential to dull your sense of taste and smell, it can also impact the ability to see a full range of color. It isn't the THC, it's the smoke.

I notice anytime I give up smoking for even as little as 7 days, my visual spectrum increases for both color and acuity, and my sense of taste/smell improves.

8. Southern_Scum

Southern_Scum New Member

Whenever I smoke pot my sinuses swell and i cant hardly smell or taste.

9. jac

jac Guest

me too. It's a real pain when you get congested after smoking. And congested sinuses often lead to temporarily decreased hearing, headaches, stuffed up nose, etc.

10. turbodude

turbodude New Member

mold smell

i used to be a weekend smoker and i started to notice this strange smell. something like mold. at times it could be very annoying and distracting. i started asking other people if they could smell it. i could smell it just about anywhere i went. home or work. i couldn't believe no one else noticed it because it was so obvious to me. i thought it was on my clothes, but no strange smell when i sniffed my clothes.

to make a long story short, i started to notice that my energy level was much better during the week if i didn't smoke on the weekends. now i only smoke on holiday weekends. eventually, i realized that i didn't notice this strange smell anymore. my best guess is that this strange mold smell was somehow tied to the marijuana smoke left in my nose and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

11. worstedcdogg

worstedcdogg New Member

I'm not sure if marijuana itself weakens your senses of taste and smell. But i know that smoking does.

12. buzz

buzz New Member

two words .....nettie pot:hail:

13. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu New Member

Another good reason to vaporize instead of using combustion...

14. DrKontrabanned

DrKontrabanned New Member

Can I get an Amen nah!!!!!!!