Does probation always mean drug tests?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Xeno23, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Xeno23

Xeno23 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a 21-year-old male living in North Carolina, and I am nervous as hell about an upcoming probationary sentence.

I've been slapped with 6 months probation for a minor, non-drug-related offense (petty misdemeanor larceny, in fact), but I don't know the exact terms yet... my court date isn't until the 31st of January, and until then all I know is the duration of the sentence.

What I'd really like to know is whether or not I can expect drug testing... the offense was pretty minor, and the sentence is (according to my lawyer, at least) fairly lenient, but I don't know whether they drug test everyone who gets probation in North Carolina.

Does anybody around here know, from personal experience or that of a friend, how likely I am to be tested?

I'd really appreciate any insight that you guys could provide. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. dankitydank

dankitydank New Member

I don't know personally, but best advice... stop smoking, buy a home drug test, and if you DO have a drug test, be prepared to dillute or substitute. Look at the stickys on this forum on how to do that.

3. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

With probation that is the best advice. Why chance getting probation revoked and setting your ass in jail??