does smoking marijuana result in birth defects?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by izIRIE, May 21, 2008.

1. izIRIE

izIRIE New Member

in a guy and girls view. if the guy smokes but the girl doesnt is there possible birth defects if your girlfriend becomes pregnant? links on information would be helpful.

Thanks
  2. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

I don't think that would do much damage, I think the main way in which marijuana hurts babies is if the mother smokes while pregnant.
  3. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

I Smoked with a pregnant mom before. It was still early on in her pregnancy. But I don't know what kind of damage she would have done to the kid.

As for the guy being the cause of it. Well My dad was a pothead when I was conceived but I turned out ok :D

I think...
  4. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

In order for there to be a birth defect transmitted form the male, there would have to be altered DNA.
    Marijuana does not alter DNA in this way.
  5. Swabeky

Swabeky Sr. Member

I actually learned something really cool about this the other day, THC does not effect your vital brain areas (brain stem) that regulate breathing and eating and such. It effects areas in the corpus collossum that are not vital and effect things like memory and pleasure.

The info is probably a little wrong (like names of brain area) but the general idea is right. Nicotine and Heroin effects areas of the brain stem which is why heroin addicts can overdose and will stop breathing.
  6. Bud&bluntman

Bud&bluntman Sr. Member

I don't think weed causes birth defects. My friends mom is a long time pot smoker and he has no probloms whatsoever.
  7. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

There was a study done in jamaica that showed that there really isn't much to it. It helps with the morning sickness, and doesn't fuck up the baby. In one study, I don't think it was the same, it showed that the kids had higher artistic levels.
  8. Pompo

Pompo New Member

I've never ran across any articles, medical reports, etc. that reported birth defects caused by weed.