Does the THC stay in your system longer from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by GoHardGoHome, May 25, 2012.

1. GoHardGoHome

GoHardGoHome New Member

I just heard from a friend that THC stays in your system longer from vaping than from just smoking it... Just wondering because I just bought a vape, and I don't wanna take any chances with jobs in the next few weeks...

2. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

Your friend is wrong. THC is out of your system completely within 24 hours. What sticks around for a month (sometimes more, sometimes less) are the THC metabolites (what your body converts THC into). How you consume the marijuana (vaping, smoking, or ingesting) makes no difference.

If you're going to be looking for jobs the smart thing to do is stop smiking/vaping immediately and don't resume until you're hired and have started work. That way there's no worries about passing the test. If that's not an option you'd like to consider, then I'd brush up on the dilution and substitution stickies at the top of our urine testing forums. Also may want to check out the hair testing forums as they have guidelines you can follow to potentially pass a hair follicle test..

4 people like this.
  3. MountainMan

MountainMan New Member

No. And the half-life of THC is 10-14 days not 24 hours.

4. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

THC is generally out of your bloodstream within 24 hours. Longer for frequent users, but even that is 2-5 days...