Does urine go "bad"?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by KepiHead, Sep 27, 2005.

1. KepiHead

KepiHead New Member

Does urine go "bad"? and if so how long does it take for it to go "bad"?

Can I refrigerate it for several days to keep it fresh or is this not necessary?

:wave: :fish:

2. ShoreThing2005

ShoreThing2005 New Member

Refrigerated urine tightly sealed can last a few days in the frig and up to a year in the freezer. Just make sure that the lid is really tightly sealed on the container. There is plenty of threads that will give you this info from more experienced persons than myself. Just do a search for whatever info you need. Their is answeres to any question you can think of on this forum. This is how I got the info for you. Good luck

ShoreThing2005

3. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Put in the fridge if you need it in the next 7 days
    Freezer 1 year
    Why not get quick fix from spectrum labs?
    You don't have to worry about your sample then!

4. KepiHead

KepiHead New Member

I've subtituted twice with a friends urine for my old government job. Got it the night before and kept it in a ziploc bag. Kept it in my swimming trunks against my crotch to keep it relatively body temperature the following day. Worked fine both times.

This upcoming test is a pre screen for a job for an Oil and Gas company. I'm hoping they don't watch you pee like the government.

I just can't get the clean urine the night before my test. I need to get it like a week in advance before I fly out. I'll put it in the freezer for the week then put it in my pants the day of the test :D .