Does your pot smoking give you acne? you're not alone.

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Growguy, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Growguy

Growguy New Member

i for one got really bad acne whenever i sessed up and for days thereafter. i assume its my bad skin and for awhile there i thought there would be no way to toke and have clear skin. after much searching i stumbled upon research about hemp soap. ill leave the specifics for the scientists. this stuff works awesome. ive been using it for less than a week and already my skin has cleared up more than i could ever hope for. what you're looking for if you suffer from acne is hemp soap WITH tea tree oil. this stuff helps exfoliate your skin and give you clean, clear skin... naturally. if you're like me and no over-the-counter medicines helped your acne, there is hope out there.

heres a few places you can find hemp soap
    - health food stores (ie: old fashioned foods)
    - hemp supply stores
    - organic / natural product stores
    - some headshops

2. CardBoardBox

CardBoardBox New Member

Your bad skin is because of the smoke. When I smoke pot, my skin ends to get a little oily if I smoke it lots. I think the smoke, even if it doesn't touch your face, somehow gets clogged in your pores.

3. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

I also use a wash with tea tree oil, and it works well to improve the texture and appearance of my skin.

4. king cola

king cola Sr. Member

I found that hemp soap stuff for acne a few months ago on some health website, thought of ordering it but for now i use pro active, only thing i hate doing is constantly applying 3 types of lotions on my skin. If tea tree oil works and is just one cream to apply, i would rather use that. The pro active works in steps, so you have to apply 1 lotion to clean the skin first, then apply some other stuff to open the pours, then after that you add another cream to dry out the pours. The stuff does work but it's time consuming to add one thing, then another, then another.

5. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

I don't think smoking has anything to do with acne, including oily skin. I don't have oily skin or acne, and I smoke cigarettes and marijuana. Ever think it's just because you are a certain age? I mean, if you are a teen or even in your early 20s you are going to have acne or oily skin regardless if it's in your genetics.

6. teufelfisch

Yeah I never really noticed a difference between when I started smoking and when I cut back. Perhaps it's another one of those misconstrued cause/effect relationships? Just because people with acne smoke more doesn't mean smoking more causes acne!

Of course I'm just talking out my ass. Wings and Yuengs will do that to you.

BTW 25 c wings and $1 yuengling pints is a great deal.

7. Growguy

Growguy New Member

i notice a huge difference if i take a break for about 2-3 weeks. all my acne virtually disappears. with this hemp soap with tea tree oil im noticing zits i had dry up and become clear skin and new zits are much smaller than they normally are. i recommend this to anyone to is struggling with pot and acne. wont help your short term memory but it will help you not look like a pizza face.

8. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

Well, I've always been told that the whole chocolate/acne thing is an urban myth, nevertheless anytime I eat more than a piece of chocolate I get at least a cupla zits the next day! Being in my mid-20s, I normally don't get acne, so I'm pretty sure it's the chocolate. While marijuana causing acne seems unlikely to me as well, based on the whole chocolate thing that everyone tells me I'm crazy about, I'm not gonna tell this guy he's crazy for thinking MJ is causing him acne.

9. teufelfisch

Yes, I've read many times that eating certain foods does not cause acne.

But what if you take that greasy pizza and smear it all over your nose on the way to your mouth? Technically, the action of eating the pizza caused the breakout! I just debunked a myth, woo!

10. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

:wave:

And a big howdy from your favorite professional consultant on everything...

Chocolate and Pizza? Doesn't cause zits...directly. Some folks however are sensitive to chocolate, tomatoes, spices and pepperoni. Any sensitivity will effect the immuno-suppression effect in your skin and since acne is a bacterial problem, a bacterial build up can occur.

Smoking & Acne? The cause is irritation to the skin when the smoke comes in contact with the skin and sticks to the oils in the pores. Black heads tend to occur more often on smokers.

Tea Tree Oil: Also called Malaleuca -- an Australian tree oftren found in Florida where it was propogated duirng the 50's and 60's and actually took over and destroyed other natural growth wetland forest areas. The flowers, while pleasantly scented, have a pollen to which many people have are allergic reaction ("hayfever").

Best defense against breakouts?: Keep your skin clean with a MILD soap or better a Non-soap facial cleanser. Use a light astringent on oily areas, and moisturizer on the rest (guys would call this a "skin conditioner") so your oil glands don't have to overwork to produce oil to keep the skin protected. Oh, and if you use something with SPF (sun protection factor) be sure not to let it get into your eyes -- burns like hell when you sweat!.

11. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

I'm a guy and I call it moisturizer. Lol -- conditioner is for your hair!

12. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

...you Metrosexual you (work ...yeah work it!)

13. fight4rights

fight4rights Activist

Well my friends said...

A couple of friends said that they think that smoking does cause acne. They said they get worse acne when they smoke. They also pointed out a few people who were heavy smokers and had bad acne.

On the other hand, I don't see any difference in myself. Plus, it is extremely hard to find a cause/effect relationship just based on your own experience and observations. It is natural for us to remember the instances that support our hypothesis and forget those that counter it.

14. Tayler

Tayler New Member

Check out this... i used it and it's amazing... it's all natural and features tea tree oil... but IMO works better then just plain tea tree oil which i've used also...
    http://www.dermamed.com/product_details/natural_skin_care/dmacne_gel/default.asp

15. manatee54

manatee54 New Member

No Acne Here

I'm over 50, and have smoked (cigs) and MJ since I was 20. I have a baby face, and have never experienced zits....even though I'm known to hit the almond joys, or cookies, after a great buzzz...... It's probably some other factor, i.e. heredity, or enviromental factor's I haven't experienced....but, hey, being over 50, I'd love to get a zit here or there to brag about.

:cool:

16. daymmdude

daymmdude New Member

we all bros when we all smoke

ey maynn is that hemp soap a bar or a liquid kind? and yeah i feel you its hard to keep skin clean and smoke at the same time.

17. okeefe

okeefe New Member

I'm 42 and started breaking out this year, but I've been smoking for years and years. I never had acne trouble, even when I was a teenager. I went to a dermatologist, and he said it was acne rosacea (adult acne), and gave me a prescription for a topical antibiotic gel, metronidazole. I wash my face with a mild tea tree soap, and apply the gel twice a day. I don't think acne had anything specifically to do with smoking or chocolate or any of that. I think your body just changes with time imo.

18. 421thedayafter

421thedayafter New Member

i never had acne or zits when i was a teen, im 25 now and i get acne from time to time, it started when i smoked when i smoked hasheesh back in 1999, and then i moved to the states and started to smoke marijuana for the first time cuz it was hard to get marijuana in my country, anyways after smoking marijuana my acne disappeared, after leaving usa, i started to smoke hash again, my acne came back like a muthafucker, i mean big, huge acne on my face, then i used pro-active, it did work but it took so much time cuz i didnt stop smoking, now im in the UK and i get weed on daily bases and my acne is gone without the pro-active, anyways, i stopped now for about a month not smoking up, and my acne is back. so i think im gonna try out the stuff mentioned above.

19. itsaspaceship!

itsaspaceship! New Member

are u a dermatologist?? NO!

Saying that people only have acne because of their age is ignorant.:angry: You have smoked too much pot...I have had a skin problem my whole life and I am 28.. My dad is almost 50 and has it too. You have no idea what u are talking about....Genetics has everything to do with it esp severe cases like nodular...I had many friends in HS and now who have always had beautiful skin. I was the the one who always had to go to the dermatologist for creams and pills. You are just lucky that u dont have a skin problem. My dermatologist says food and cleanliness have nothing to do with many acne cases. It is genetic plain and simple. I clean my face constantly and uses the best products and I still have problems..I have noticed that when I smoke I break out more which sucks because I will no longer smoke. I would rather have better looking skin than a high...Sorry for being so blunt or whatever but people who talk about something they know nothing about annoys the fuck out of me...sorry had to get that off my chest...lol :bong2:

20. Frojoe

Frojoe New Member

I don't think higher logic was saying genetics never play a role in it, just that at certain ages people are more prone to acne. And he agrees with your dermatologist who thinks other things(food, smoking) don't play a role. You on the other hand disagree with the doctor. I'm not saying some people won't have skin problems at any age, but to say age plays no role is ignorant, just look in a high school and you'll see that.