Donating blood + smoking

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by AJLobo, Nov 14, 2008.

1. AJLobo

AJLobo New Member

So...I just happen to be smoking some chronic for the first time this weekend. I had also planned on giving blood this Saturday. I searched the blood test forum and it says it's okay to donate blood after smoking.

However, I'm wondering if after donating blood you get any more affected by the THC. The thing is, I donate whole blood. I can only do it every ~9months. It's much more than just a normal donation.
  2. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

I don't know how it goes for whole blood, but If you give a regular donation the THC will affect you more. You get MUCH more higher hahaha.
    2 people like this.
  3. AJLobo

AJLobo New Member

Alright. Thanks for the quick reply :) I'll definitely take it slow. I'll be with a couple experienced smokers, so I should be fine. I plan to smoke more often just casually and at parties probably. I'll know Mary very well ;)
  4. Isirap

Isirap New Member

I know it works the same with alcohal, probably same with dope
  5. Dudeimanoldfart

Haha so I gave blood today around 11:15am ha and it is now 12:15am and I will be smoking later tonight so ill be letting you guys know how it goes!! Ha I don't know if I should smoke the regular amount or roll just a little less, what do you guys think??
  6. I ran blood drives for about 3 years in my high school (i was the "studious" stoner where unless people actually knew me, they didn't know that i smoked because i was in student council, band, and national honor society....anyways) i once asked the blood drive coordinator if we were just wasting our time and resources whenever we let someone through check-in and we know they had just smoked. On more than one occasion, we'd let people go to their cars to "get their ID's" and they'd come back realllyyyy stoned.

Our answer was something that was surprisingly good. The THC that is collected along with your blood goes about the same process as it would in your own body and just metabolizes out. Since it does metabolize out, the blood is not thrown away and the average MJ smoker is still able to save 3 lives. :D
  7. Dudeimanoldfart

That is awesome!!!! Yea I figured if they did test for THC ha they would have thrown my blood out a long time ago, and never would have called me again! It feels good though to give blood! I've given half a gallon so far. Not much i guess, but it's still a lot of blood lol.
  8. greeen1

greeen1 New Member

I donate plasma twice a week which is somewhat different and I smoke everyday, but it doesnt affect the blood or plasma like has been said before. Some other off-topics do and they will reject you if you test positive for that. I have smoked after donating plasma and it does get you a little higher after, however in a plasma donation you get your blood back mixed with saline, so if youre giving whole blood I would bet you're going to get very very stoned haha, have a good time.
  9. Dudeimanoldfart

Hahahahah.....yes....dude....this high is everything....mind and body...like big time...Haha

I smoked out in my back yard on our deck and it was THE shit. I saw 3 shooting stars...and all the other stars were bright. And I was hearing these awesome songs in my head, and i couldn't really feel my legs for awhile there! Hahahah and just thinking wow......this high is REALLY fucking amazing.....and to just think i can donate again in february ahaha and then get this fucked up again.........I'm a little retarted...

and The Matches are a badass band! hah for sure.
  10. Killerchron

Killerchron Get ya shine on

You sure it was the lack of blood, or the chronic?
  11. wishmaster

wishmaster New Member

all i can say for this is that my buddys who can drink a lot like AT LEAST a 12pack per night of partying did something similar.. they donated some blood for the first time ever and partyed the same night (not recommended) and said they were HAMMED after a 6 pack...i would assume a similar responce with smoking afterwards...i should try it lol
  12. Dudeimanoldfart

Ha no, it's the loss of blood, I smoked out of the same bag I've had for a few days ha! And I used the same amount.... One joint!