DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by filobeddo79, Aug 22, 2005.

1. filobeddo79

filobeddo79 New Member

So I lost my job and now plan on attending a CDl program. Before I can begin I must take a DOT physical and pass a DOT drug screen.

MALE
    6'4"=-240lbs.
    Norm. Metabolism
    Smoked regurally low/midgrade for 4+ years.
    Last toke on 7/11/05

So I have purchased three home test. Failed the first after 3 weeks sober. Waited till four weeks to take second test and passed(faint "t" line!) Just to be safe I purchased a different brand and tested today at 7 weeks sober and Failed :eek:

I have a bottle of Ready Clean and the pre-clean tablets that I have had waiting in reserve.

475mg creatine
    50 mg stevia
    10 mg Riboflavin

So I can take the test at any time of my choice, but i have to take it this week before my insurance runs out (Im broke so...) My plan is for thursday PM take pre-cleanse with plenty of water. Friday Am start with Water (8ozX 4 times,) take detox, 4X 8ozwater again,drink gatorade and aspirin, then test at 2 hours after detox. So what do you think?

I will be sure to let you know my results.

Fllow up question. Does anyone know how DOT drug screens work? Is there a record of this kept somewhere. Im not taking this test for a job but to get into school. If I fail will this be in a record somewhere for future employers to see. Anyone know?

Thanks
    :wave:
  2. Justme2

Justme2 New Member

I do know abit about records
    it depend so empooyer
    they can keep up to 5 years
    but I doubt would disclose to any other inquires.
  3. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

With DOT testing, there are protocols and guidelines in which labs and employers must follow. Any deviation from those guidelines renders the test results as void.

Take a time out or two and play around with the link below as it contains all of the procedures outlined in Part 40 by the Dept. of Transportation. Certainly a "must read" (and bookmark) for any individual facing a DOT drug test:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rulesregs/fmcsr/regs/40.htm
  4. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member

When you get popped for a drug test while holding a CDL and fail you have to go thru counseling and they suspend your CDL's for a certain amount of time. It goes on your record at the BMV I think, not really sure abou that one though. I would think that you will pass take anohter home test and see what it says. If the school is given by a estabilished company they wont hire you or let you go thru the program, and agian I am not sure but could black ball you for a certain amount of time, they can't forever but like 3 monthe or something. Hope it helps.....fellow CDL holder......<Hawg
  5. filobeddo79

filobeddo79 New Member

5 Panel Test

So I talked with the lady from school today and she told me when I go for the Physical to make absolutly sure they use a "Five Panel Test." Is that like the home dip card, or is that some sort of term for EMIT. Just wondering im sure i could pass if it was dip card test but was sure i read somewhere that all DOT UA had to be EMIT type test?
  6. Don Wasuski

Don Wasuski New Member

urine sample

new member-not sure what im doing, but i was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. had a clean sample of urine refrigerated for approx 4 to 6 weeks and just used it for a random drug test- is it still good ?
  7. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

DOT tests use a 5 panel EMIT for the initial screen. For more info, including the technicals of the EMIT, follow these links:
    http://www.urineluck.com/drug-testing-library/how-drug-testing-works.html
    http://www.urineluck.com/drug-testing-library/technical-aspects.html

Hope that helps a little
    :cool:
  8. CADILLAC FATS

CADILLAC FATS Member

Filo I would sub if I were you.
  9. DBlock354

DBlock354 New Member

d-block you *****y ass niggas
  10. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member