Dugouts

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by Effeckted, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Effeckted

Effeckted New Member

I have been searching around online to try and find a good dugout that i like and am having trouble finding one. We dont have any shops within an hour of here that sell them so i guess im looking for a point in the right direction. Possibly directions on how to make your own(im fairly good at woodworking)?
  2. tekkenlaw

tekkenlaw Sr. Member

block of wood with two holes in it?
  3. vern

vern Sr. Member

Grab a nice piece of 2x4 chop it down to preffered size. Cut off the top of it, drill two holes in the bigger piece (size is according to the size of your one-hitter). Before you do all this make sure you have a small hinge of some sort so the top can come off and on. Throw some weed in there, pack the one hitter, and spark. This is how I would do it, and now that i think of it i'm prolly going to make my own soon.
  4. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Do you have a metal one hitter, or do you need the one hitter AND dugout.

Because if its just a dugout you need, it could be made pretty easily. Just find a picture and go to work.
  5. Effeckted

Effeckted New Member

No i dont have a bat i as planning on just buying the 1 hitter and building the dugout or buying both. Somehow when it was being explained to me i thought it to be a lot more complex and was interested. Im still learning things as i just started a month or so ago. I think im just going to buy the 1 hitter and make the dugout.
  6. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

take a look at 1percent.com or rollies.com both have a variety of dugouts and one hitters
  7. jplitch

jplitch New Member

You'll need a steady hand and a 3/8 drill bit. A drill press is a huge help. I'll be doing some tomorrow and I'll post some how to.
  8. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

[​IMG]

I had never actually heard of a dugout until now, that's pretty sweet!! If I had a one hitter i'd totally make one. Or buy one, I don't think my craftsmanship is THAT good. GOod lucky finding making one!
  9. Payless

Payless Sr. Member

omg, 1percent.com has some awesome dugouts. i wish i had seen those before i bought mine.
  10. jplitch

jplitch New Member

We have started. Wood is dimensioned to 2 1/4 x 3 x 3/40-7/8 inches

[​IMG]

I'll be doing quite a few in varying woods from Red Oak, Figured maple, prupleheart, and rosewood. 2 will hold chillum like bats
  11. jplitch

jplitch New Member

So...I broke my 3/8" bit and will be continuing soon