E Cig

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by cannabi$, Aug 14, 2008.

1. cannabi$

cannabi$ New Member

I was surfing the net and saw an ad for some Electronic Cigarettes. On Wikipedia it said that this could be used with weed. Basically the E-Cig is a little cigarette looking thing that has nicotine cartridges to help you stop smoking. It heats it up and sends water vapor that contains nicotine into your mouth. So like a mini vaporizer. They're like 50 bucks but I want to know how it would be used for marijuana.

2. Auralis

Auralis New Member

Well, this has been an interesting bit of research.

As you can see here, the e-cig is a pretty complicated little device, but it does contain a liquid chamber and a "vaporizer". This heats up and vaporizes the nicotine/cigarette simulating liquid. Theoretically, you could put bud in there if it's heating up to the correct temperature, which unfortunately does not seem to be the case.

From the FAQ:

These guys have awful English and could really use a native speaker to go over their site but it appears that they are heating the liquid far more than would be needed or ideal for bud.

So it may be a no go. Does anyone have one to test?

3. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

That is a very interesting little device. I dont smoke cigarettes, but I love the act of smoking. This could be my ticket to mouth occupation.

4. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

All your base are belong to us!!!

hehe.
    I think it would be too much trouble to use with weed, especially being unable to clean it. There are other cheap vaporization methods that would at least be better then that.

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It could be your ticket to nicotine addiction...

6. cannabi$

cannabi$ New Member

The cartridges go like this.

High Nicotine
    Medium Nicotine
    Low Nicotine
    No Nicotine(I want this one)

7. shibshib

shibshib New Member

Just make sure its "No Nicotine" and not "No Nicotine*"

*contains .2% Nicotine

Them cig people are shady business people, mind you ;).

8. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

I had a feeling this would drift offtopic.

Please keep in mind the rules. Other drugs are only referenced with marijuana! Strictly talk of tobacco is bad. Lets try not to do that :)

This is the threads one and only friendly warning.

9. blood bong

blood bong New Member

yeah i was just checking out the blu cigs mini vaporizer not that expensive i like the fact that its tiny

10. Bullethead

Bullethead Banned

Waiting for someone to actually try it with said material to see if actually works and maybe give a small review of thier experience before investing in yet another vape.

11. beezleb878

beezleb878 Sr. Member

The basic view is this will not easily work or it will not work long as the atomizer will clog up and stop working.

Search on other sites and you will find where people have looked into it far more.

12. Ell

Ell New Member

The E-Joint

I've seen the idea kicked around on a few forums, using the electronic cigarettes as a portable personal vaporizer. Well ladies and gents, it's possible. This initial experiment was simply topping my cartridge up with some kief. The Rudbull Flavored Nicotine juice comes through mostly, with the taste of kief underlying it. I'm vaping and getting my nic/thc fix at the same time. Next I'll make an alcohol and glycerin based tincture, as both of these are used in regular e juice. I'll add some flavorings to the mix and have a way to vape where ever I go! Let me know your thoughts.

13. DanKJuggalo

DanKJuggalo Sr. Member

Two of my friends have e-cigs. They use them also as a vape. Its really nice too because whenever we go places i remind them to bring em so we can vape on the go.

14. Cheeba16

Cheeba16 New Member

where can you get these things?

15. 420Raver<3

420Raver<3 New Member

Everyonedoesit.com and your local smokers stores.

16. KiNg KoNG

KiNg KoNG New Member

they dont work at all, they dont get up to the proper temp to vaporize thc... why do people think that itll work, because IT DOESNT...

17. MJ27

MJ27 New Member

im not even high n i dnt want to read tht long as thing.....lol

18. trancemen

trancemen New Member

u kan vaporize marijuana thru that at 6v yes make iso hash oil and then mix it with pg or vg hehehe ur the men enjoy life forever

19. 1406

1406 Retired

By PG I'm assuming you mean propylene glycol (a relatively nontoxic solvent used in lots of extracts and ECigs). I'm not a chemist (so correct me if I'm wrong), but the solubility of a substance depends on the polarity. THC contains non-polar molecules, and PG is a polar solvent. Therefore, THC is unfortunately not soluble in propylene glycol.

Also, the atomizer (heating element) in most ECigs peaks around 180 degrees Fahrenheit, which is not high enough to vaporize THC.

Its an interesting idea, and I've thrown around the idea before, but its gotten shot down several times. Placing keif on the nicotine cartridge is probably just causing a placebo effect.

2 people like this.
  20. fluxvapassitor

fluxvapassitor New Member

"Its an interesting idea, and I've thrown around the idea before, but its gotten shot down several times." that's funny that you think it can't igsist, because it does! :D you can buy on ebay, mr.williby's k2 incense oil!! and let me tell you, it's funnnnn!!!!