Easiest way to roll a joint - for beginners.

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Herbalista, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Herbalista

Herbalista New Member

If you really want the easiest way to roll a joint - and you're a complete novice at it, do what I used to.

Grab your rolling paper, and a perfectly round pen - that isnt too thick or too thin. Just your average pen without the flat sides.

Wrap your paper around it tight, and close it up - lick it at the seam. Now you should have a joint paper wrapped around a pen. Great? Now what. Next slide the paper to almost the end of the pen on one side, so that only a small portion is hanging on.

The next step would be to either pick apart your weed so that it's broken up really well, or use a grinder. And use a piece of paper thats folded in half - to slide all of your green into the top portion of the paper cylinder. You will probably drop a bit, thats okay - just put it in later.

Next, carefully slide off the cylinder (which should now be almost totally full) and just twist off one end after packing it down, again carefully.

Then just add a crutch/filter to the other side.

There you go. The most perfect looking, easiest joint to make ever.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

You're better off just buying an eighth and rolling joints repeatedly (and ripping them apart) until you get it right. Once you do, it only takes about half a minute to roll a joint.

2 people like this.
  3. steakii

steakii New Member

I used to roll joints like that a while back. To make it tighter, take another pen and press down the weed as you add it. It takes a while, but it rolls a perfect tight joint.

4. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

Any kind of blunt or joint that is pre-rolled is always a bad smoke. It's usually loose, and it burns way too fast.

Honestly, just learn how like tro said. Joints are a learned skill, but most anyone can roll a decent joint without too much practice. Even if you can roll a decent joint, it may not be the best. Some people are just born for rolling. You can also buy a rolling machine. They're cheap plastic things that use a clever mechanism to roll. They cost $3 or less, unless you want a special battery-powered one or something.

5. Herbalista

Herbalista New Member

I disagree. You can get the tightest joint ever doing this, you just have to pack it down til its full, (dont pack it too tight) - or just cut it off where the green ends, or just add some tobacco.

I can roll with the best of them, and sometimes I still do this method.

6. steakii

steakii New Member

I would completly disagree. The best blunts are the ones that you empty the tobacco out of and just straight up pack with weed. No questions, if you do it right. Joints are a little different story, but not much. They are still just as good a nice rolled one. However, i will agree that pratice makes perfect. I learned to roll joints buy buying a bag of bugler tobacco (just the tobacco with rolling papers) and just sitting there and rolling them for about an hour until they got perfect.

7. 29yeartoker

29yeartoker New Member

When I first started trying to roll my own joints they always came out pregnant looking so then someone told me about a dollar bill and when I used that method it worked perfectly until I figured out free hand. Now I am just lazy so I use a rolling thingy.

8. krad

krad New Member

yeah thats how I always roll my joints, works perfectly. I'd even say they are better then hand-rolled joints

9. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

Or you could just by a $4 cigarette roller, I bought one and it rolls perfect joints everytime.

10. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

That's how I used to do it. The joints would always be perfect but it would take at least 15 minutes for each one.. it sucked. Now that I know how to roll it takes me about half a minute. Even though they aren't always perfect it's well worth the time and effort saved.

2 people like this.
  11. Dro5

Dro5 New Member

I'm glad im the best blunt roller out of my friends so no need for a machine.

but once you get good at it you'll fall in love

12. Youre_A_Bad_Catman

Youre_A_Bad_Catman New Member

i can roll a fat ass joint in about a min. all it takes it practice.

13. ckblowed420

ckblowed420 New Member

I use a dollar bill, fold the bill in half put in the bud at the fold, role the bill so that the bud will role into a joint form. Then take it out after its nice and compact, wrap the paper around it lick it down, dry it up. Light it up. :D

14. underthecovers

underthecovers New Member

i have a little metal box roller and i loooove it except its hard to do in the car haha.

i have tried to learn and have not been able to roll a joint. it's almost embarrassing.

15. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

A lot of people I know use a credit card to roll a joint, gives really nice spliffs but I don't like it. Always feel as though I'm cheating.

16. ImNorml

ImNorml New Member

+1. I just tried it using a pen. I pushed the open end of the joint horizontally into the pile of weed that I placed on a folded piece of paper. I pulled the pen apart and used the tube filled with ink to pack it down. When it got too tight, I rolled the joint between my fingers to loosen it up (and to get more of it further into the joint). You can easily pack it as tight or as loose as you want. Plus, you can hide the roller in plain sight versus using a machine roller.

17. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Rolling joints by hand is a learned skill that identifies you as an accomplished stoner. But the easiest way to roll joints is one of those cheap little gadgets with two rollers and a cloth belt.