Eating marijuana with no cooking?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Zeiki, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeiki

Zeiki New Member

I know you can eat hash straight and absorb the THC, but will eating pot without cooking it do anything? My guess is yes but much less efficiently. Sorry if this has been asked, didn't see it. :)
  2. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

This has been asked and answered before. Short answer: yes. However, you get more bang for your buck when you cook cannabis and bind it to a fat. The high also is a tad bit more tolerable, as well as a bit easier on the stomach when you cook it verse eating it raw.
  3. kumar

kumar New Member

ate raw once never do it again
  4. Cownose

Cownose New Member

What happens when you do this? (Anyone can answere this question please)
  5. Higher Logic

Well cannabis, the fibers, are really hard for your body to digest. Not to mention it's not the most pleasant taste to try and swallow enough bud to make you high (3x the normal amount you'd smoke). That's another reason why people cook with it, much easier on the stomach and the pallette. You still get high, but you might as well swallow nails :)
  6. jewishjake420

jewishjake420 New Member

Plus it gets stuck in between your teeth if you chew it.
  7. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

lol.. stuck in your teeth...

yea cook it with something that has fat;
    butter, oil, milk
    even mixing it with alcohol would work cuz of the fats in it
    :liplick:
  8. Higher Logic

Mod needs to close this. This has been answered 1000x before.
  9. Richi

harmless question... dose that mean its goin to be closed?
  10. greypoe

greypoe Sr. Member

The taste really depends on how good the herb is. Its a taste you have to get use to. I compare it to beer, I never use to like the flavor of beer untill I drank it often enough. When I have some herb that looks good enough to eat I usually pop a bud into my mouth. The flavor is usually pretty good. I never swallow it right away. I chew the bud off the stem, saving the stem for cleaning my teeth. Then I chew the bud into a quid and hold it at the roof of my mouth. Then I swish saliva through it, and swallow only the saliva. It makes your throat feel good, nice n numby. The high is equal to smoking IMO. I usually keep the chewed herb in my mouth for a half an hour or more (depending on how stoned I am)
  11. Cownose

Cownose New Member

I can really agree with this last post. I too like to smoke some and then chew on a bud for the rest of the high. After I eat munchies of course! :D It's just... relaxing.

PS: I'm not responding directly to this, but to the person who reccomended also using alchohol, I know there is a way to make weed alchohol, but isn't THC alchohol-souble? Or does is that a good thing for cooking?
  12. Richi

i think thats the point... :rolleyes:
    im no cemist, but the THC in weed disolvs into the alcohol.. or somehtin like that, and then you body absorbes more of it/faster. theres also fat in beer, the calories or carbohydrates or something... that the THC bonds with.

yea dats all i can say,
    when cooking with weed, use something with fat. when mixing weed with drinkable liquids, use something with alcohol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.