eating moldy bud

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by lxl Ash lxl, May 24, 2001.

1. lxl Ash lxl

lxl Ash lxl New Member

i've seen this subject touched upon in other areas.. but no one has really gone into it. CAN moldy weed be made into cannabudder, and used in food? I've got about an oz of the stuff here... and I hate to just throw it away if it can be used.
    it was pretty good stuff too.. doesnt look too seedy or stemmy. if it wasn't covered in gray powdery mold, i'd be tempted to smoke it :\
  2. AfRo

AfRo New Member

I don't know about cooking, but if it's moldy, definatley don't smoke it. I don't know how you managed to let a whole oz. of "pretty good stuff" get all moldy
  3. lxl Ash lxl

lxl Ash lxl New Member

lol.. dont ask, cuz i dont remember anyway
  4. sweetgreen09

sweetgreen09 New Member

im sure u could cook it when u simmer it in butter it should kill the bacteria just bake brownies and you should be fine ive smoked two year old pot before and i just got insanely high it shouldnt hurt you just make sure its broken up good , or another thing u could do get 2 cups and fill them with a half oz in each then fill each cup with vodka until weed is totally soaked and under the vodka just let it sit for 3 or 4 day and drain it through a mesh net and you have super vodka reply how it goes
  5. lxl Ash lxl

lxl Ash lxl New Member

what if i dont want super vodka? :p
  6. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

Don't eat it!

Not only will it taste nasty, but it'll make you sick as hell.
  7. What about the high-proof licquor idea? Wouldn't that kill anything bad that could be growing in it?

Use as high a proof as possible(151+), and either let the weed sit in it for a few weeks, or simmer the weed in it on a stove. But...be careful, as the alcohol is very flammable and boils easily.

If you don't want super vodka(or grain alcohol, or whatever liqcour you use), you can let the mixture boil down to a thick consistency. Take it off the stove before it burns, then let it sit out in the open air over-night or as long as it takes for the alcohol to evaporate. What you'll be left with is a thick, gooey substance similar to hash or thc-oil, which you can then smoke. It's best to use plain grain alcohol if you are going to do this, so that there wont be other "additives" left behind after the evaporization.
  8. lxl Ash lxl

lxl Ash lxl New Member

okay, so not edible.

Panama, what's your opinion on Jonny's idea?
    sounds interesting.. i REALLY dont want to waste this.. but as far as any consumption goes, i haven't touched it yet. I just want to know whether I can use it AT ALL or if i should just throw it away.
  9. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

My Opinion

JC's idea just may work, but are you willing to take the risk of making yourself sick just to save a buck and get a buzz? The way I see it is when it comes to my health I'm not up for being the guinnea pig and finding out if someone else's idea will work.
  10. DaisyCrazy

DaisyCrazy New Member

I know I am :p
  11. Psycho Donkey

Psycho Donkey New Member

LoL daisy.

Ash, don't do it. My friend tried basically the same thing and got sick as hell for a week :p . But, if your willing to try it anyway tell us how it worked out. And instead of letting your oz. go moldy you could always send it to me :D
  12. croaker

croaker Guest

I AM NOT SURE OF THIS SO DON"T HOLD ME TO IT.

But, I have heard that mold is not a problem to smoke around. Assuming it is not a massive amount of mold. Wouldn't the flame kill any bad bacteria anyway? I've smoked moldy weed before and it didn't hurt me. Granted it wasn't an ounce and there was not a lot of mold. Like I said, I'm not sure. I'm serious, get several other opinions ( preferably with I have done such and such, instead of I have heard, or my friend has done.)
  13. lxl Ash lxl

lxl Ash lxl New Member

the reason it went moldy is a long story.

and if you want to ridicule me about it go ahead.

the bags are gone, i threw them away.
  14. Nickkers420

Nickkers420 New Member

I dunno about Jonny C's idea. If you boiled off all the alcohol, wouldnt the THC go with it? Since it disolves INTO the alcohol....

~Nickkers
  15. i have never had moldy reef, how long does it take for that.........

i would just throw it away, theres nothing you can do with it.

peace.
  16. Rockatron

Rockatron Guest

i got some bud that i cant smoke cause its got mold on it. what would be the best way to eat it, or should i even eat it :confused:
  17. gdman420

gdman420 New Member

Dude, trust me, you do not wanna somke, eat, or consume in anyway that bud. I know it sucks to losse bud, espically when it's good and you paid alot for it. But it will make you sick, maybe very sick. So it's up to you, what's more importent, getting high noe and then being sick for who knows how long, or your health. Trust me get rid of it buy more bud and enjoy this new bud that you will be getting, DON"T USE THE MOLDY BUD!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Cheapo, put it down the toilet. Not worth it in my opinion, how much bud anyway?
  19. Rockatron

Rockatron Guest

it was like $40 of bud canadian, i did smoke some before it started to get moldy but i guess ill throw it out
  20. ikari

ikari Seasoned Activist

eating moldy bud... man... .why is there even a thread on this?
    that's just disgusting

if you want fungus..... nevermind ;)