Eating raw weed to get high

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by peace n love, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Is it possible to get high by eating lots of raw weed? Has anybody ever tried this, what is it like?

:confused:

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It's possible, but why would you want to? It takes a lot less to have the same effect if you cook it in oil, fat, or milk. Raw bud isn't very appetizing. Eat a little and see.

3. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

I wouldn't think it would be that great. I'd rather smoke it or if I feel inclined, bake with it (never have.. want to try it).

4. Kattaran

Kattaran New Member

I've heard that the best way to get high from ingesting THC oraly is by cooking out the THC in oil and butter. That doesn't mean that you wont get high if u eat raw weed because you will. It will take longer for you to feel and, depending on how much you eat, how high you get.

Now lets take for example, you need to eat ur weed because you are about to be caught by a cop, mom/dad, teacher, what have you. If after the ordeal you're fine, which you should be because having eaten all your weed, no possession charge can be brought against you, you'll realize when you've calmed down, that you were and are still really freaking high. Its kinda cool but I wouldn't recommend it as it is an extremely expensive and distasteful way to get high.

5. Ricky Ricardo

Ricky Ricardo New Member

if your lazy. just throw some grinded bud into brownie mix. and do it the ghetto way.

2 people like this.
  6. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I've done it before. 3 grams of KB was my first stone. You can definitely get high. But it's so inefficient, you're wasting a bunch of money. If I had been smoking rather than eating my first time, I could have got blown off my ass and still keep 2.5 of those grams...

7. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

ya its possible one of my friends "took" weed for the first time buy eating a nug his high ass brother gave it to him and it got him high so ya and he liked the taste but its more economical to smoke it

8. ta1588

ta1588 Bluntologist

yeah I tried eating raw weed before....nothing happened lol luckily i needed to get rid of it and i only ate about a gram

9. HazyBritBoi

HazyBritBoi New Member

What about dipping a bud in chocolate ;)

10. Kush Maniac

Kush Maniac New Member

in order to efficiently absorb thc one must have it suspended in alcohol,fat and/or oil. Soya lecithin also helps break down the molecules and absorb it with greatest efficiency. Make cannabutter, use the butter as you would in a regular recipe. Anything that takes less cooking time and on the lowest setting is the best. Such as cookies baked for 12 minutes on 325 or what have you. After you eat your cookie/s drink some whole milk and take a soya lecithin gel cap. you will be flying to the moon.

enjoy:cool:

6 people like this.
  11. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

That guy brings up a good question.. if you baked a bud inside chocolate, like a chocolate covered cherry.. would the thc absorb into the chocolate? that would be an interesting thing to try. ;-) ;-)

12. phred

phred New Member

In order to for the metabolite within weed to work (get you high) it needs to be "liberated". To do this you need heat. That is why if you burn/vaborize/cook you can feel the effects.

If you dont cook, and go, say, the salad route, you are wasting your time

13. Buzzby

Congratulations! You are 100% wrong.

There is no "metabolite" in weed. Metabolites are what you get when your metabolism breaks down a substance. Weed contains THC and other cannabinoids. They don't need to be "liberated". You don't need heat. If you could get it down, you could eat raw weed and get as high as a kite.

The advantage of mixing weed that's going to be eaten with fats or oils is that the cannabinoids will get absorbed more quickly as the food passes through your gut. You absorb all of the cannabinoids from raw weed, too. It just takes longer, meaning you don't get as high but you stay high longer.

The only good heat does for edibles is that it speeds up the process of dissolving the cannabinoids in the fat or oil. It would work at room temperature, but more slowly. It's the same reason you can dissolve sugar more quickly in boiling water than you can in ice water.

5 people like this.
  14. phred

phred New Member

Apologies, and you seem a bit sarcastic...I think you are wrong...I used to prosecute cases for drug use in the military and have spent lots of time with drug experts (the folks who testify at trial as to how the GCMS works (that is the machine that breaks apart the molecules within your urine to examine them).

Anyway, I had at least one case where this was an issue...defense was that girlfriend put the stuff in my protein shake...and it came out from the expert that without heat the THC will not absorb into the body and therefore there will not be THC -9 metabolites created by the body (your correct, the body will process the THC and will give off metabolites...that is how they test for it...I may have misspoke above)

Anyway, the dude was convicted and it seemed clear to all concerned that you need to heat pot to get high.

I/m not a doctor, just a lawyer who had to learn this bit for a case

regards

15. Alley17Cat

Alley17Cat New Member

I've eaten weed my share of times and gotten plenty high off it. I have a license for it, and both parents very openly know I'm toking, but they get into some long ass car rides sometimes, and eating weed made it possible for me to not make them stop to get high.

Fresh weed is alot easier to swallow, just roll a bud between 2 fingers and swallow it like a capsule. Dried weed really scratches my throut.

Alleycat

16. JohnBoySmoker

JohnBoySmoker Sr. Member

You're right. I've also eaten weed and got blasted. It just takes time for the MJ to kick in, but once it kicks in, you'll stay high for quite some time. It's best to eat it on an empty stomach.

17. Buzzby

My personal experience and that of many others disproves that theory. I've gotten absolutely wrecked eating raw bud and so have many I've talked to and corresponded with online. Try it sometime.

18. Merry-juana

Merry-juana Sr. Member

The day I get rich is the day I only eat raw chronic when I go on camping trips.

19. LowRider

LowRider Sr. Member

i know a few weeks ago i got freaking blowed by eating it. however i didn't feel it right away, and i had been drinking beer for the most of the afternoon, and after i ate it (couple of grams). i went to bed got up, feeling good. the high was intense. at first i didn't realize i was high. then i got to work and i would forget to do things and was a total mess. good thing i didn't do anything with machines. imagine waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bath room and not remember it. that's the only way to explain it.