Eating raw weed to get high

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by peace n love, Sep 15, 2007.

1. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Eating it like that would possibly get you a slight buzz but I would not recommend it. To fully absorb the THC it must reach that certain heat level to allow it to flow easier.
  2. pakmule

pakmule New Member

when you eat it raw or in brownies or whatever do you still get really thirsty?
  3. Propisition215

Propisition215 New Member

I can't believe mr.lawer there saying marijuana needs heat to get me high. The THC is still there, and it still gets me fucked... In fact; I'm going to eat the last of my bud along with these 4g of 'what shall not be mentioned on marijuana dot com' and see what happens. G'night folks & Keep getting fucked up (stoned, blazed, you know; Good)
  4. mtvesuvius

mtvesuvius New Member

Can anyone confirm what Kush said about soya lecithin? If so I'd like to try it out next time I eat some brownies
  5. weedcansavetheworld

weedcansavetheworld New Member

eating raw weed will definitely get you high. my friend while on a trip in india didn't have time to finish all of his buddha before he left so he ate atleast 5 grams before he walked into the airport. he was gone on the plane - probably not that smart but he didnt want to waste it ;)
  6. delta9thc

delta9thc New Member

I like your idea Hazy!

(first post dance / fires up a bowl)
  7. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

Try this method

I have had great success eating raw/unheated weed by mixing it with Activia yogurt(the kind Jamie Lee Curtis pitches). This yogurt has active bacterias that aid digestion, don't know if that is a factor, it's just the brand I had on hand the first time I tried it. My first experience was with very dry weed, a conglomeration of the scraps at the end of several bags, all solid performers, that had been stored in a dutch oven in my barn for at least a year. Again, don't know if this was a factor, just reporting what might be one. On a fairly empty stomach I would mix about 1/2-1 tspn of finely ground herb into a yogurt, mix throughly and consume. First effects were very fast, 15-20 minutes. It grew from that point and was at full steam after about 1.5-hrs.
    Smoking a small joint at this time would leave me quite medicated :cool: for 3 hours or so and with lingering effects for twice that long. I would encourage anyone to try it and report you results. Remember empty stomach so it isn't diluted by other foods you have ingested.
  8. snowman3660

snowman3660 New Member

It gives you stomach pains... but some Vitamin C should take care of that
  9. MercyMe

MercyMe New Member

i couldve sworn i felt a head change every time i chew on a nug
  10. baraxil

baraxil New Member

i ate a whole dime bag and like 5 hours later i got like the highest ive ever been. I guess it was delayed so long because i ate it after i ate dinner.
  11. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

My friend ate about 5 grams that he STUFFED into everything he could find to eat (several Patties (Jamaican), and some other shit.) He was high all day. Like smothered. It was hilarious. It took a LONG ass time to kick in and notice that he was FUCKING EVERYTHING up at school
  12. KushBandit

KushBandit New Member

I ate about 2 grams when I was a freshmen in highschool(im a senior now). I never felt anything though, Not even a single buzz. Could have been shit weed, I don't remember correctly. Anyways, I'll stick to smoking :)
  13. Flock_of_Crows

Flock_of_Crows New Member

i have never tried this because i would rather just smoke it... however, i have quite a few friends who only eat raw bud when they roll fat joints and theres less weed than would cover a dime, and just for something to chew on and they like the taste but they say they have had no affects...
  14. noobsaibot

noobsaibot New Member

i trid it and the taste isn't really good at all. anyways from just a little bud i did feel a difference and a little light headed but not as strong as smoking it. also, it seemed like i couldn't digest the bud for anything. i had it in my mouth for like twenty minutes before i just decided to spit it out.
  15. samuraijosh

samuraijosh New Member

ive done it and in my experince it makes u slightly high for a long fuckin time
    2 people like this.
  16. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

If you're gonna eat raw buds, at least slather them with butter or take a shot of liquor with it. You're wasting it if you don't eat something that thc is soluble in.
  17. GnarlySalamander

GnarlySalamander New Member

I ate bud once before I went to the zoo with my grandmother. I hadn't eaten that day, and the weed was about mid-grade. By the time I got to the zoo about a half hour later, I was starting to feel the effects. It was definitely way more of a head high than a body high. The effects only peaked for about 15 minutes or so, which was kind of a bummer, but the animals seemed... I don't know. I felt like they were all looking at me lol. By the time I got home it had worn off, I wouldn't say it was worth it, but it worked. Maybe not as well as if I would have smoked it, or used heat, or butter, or any of that other nonsense, but it worked.
  18. teyber

teyber New Member

mind if i thread jack?

i have a friend who eats all the stems after he smokes. Would this make you a little higher?
  19. Aussie420

Aussie420 New Member

This reminds me of when I tried to make weed brownies, I threw a Quarter into a bowl and just didn't do it right, Tasted like shit and it was a gross high.

Smoke it dude, Don't waste.
  20. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

If you didn't do it right then you shouldn't condemn the process. Properly made edibles are lots of fun.