Eating the evidence

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Chronos, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Chronos

Chronos New Member

If you're pulled over without paraphenalia, is it safe to eat all the weed (dime bag or quarter)? Also, Can you be arrested for DUI being stoned.
  2. marcusJay

marcusJay New Member

If they catch you eating it, then your ass is in even more trouble.
  3. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Uhm, that's the point of eating it. You can't eat like an ounce or anything like that but if you have a dimebag on you I'd throw it down my throat . And no, you cannot get a DUI if you are stoned. Just like you cannot be charged for being high in public.
  4. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Very incorrect. Many states now how DWI laws that cover marijuana. That is, if you're driving high and are caught, you can be charged with a DUI/DWI (again, depending on the state).

I'm not 100%, but I believe being high in public could technically count as public intoxication? Not sure on that one though....
    4 people like this.
  5. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

I guarantee if you are in public and high you can get in NO trouble.
  6. rickforpresident

rickforpresident New Member

in indiana you get public intoxication for it
    4 people like this.
  7. sweet cheeba

sweet cheeba New Member

any familiar with associated laws in maryland?
  8. marcusJay

marcusJay New Member

If they catch you in the process of eating it, you can be charged with tampering with evidence.

Criminal Law - How Serious A Crime Is Tampering With Evidence? Q&A Archive on Lawyers.com

Here is some info concerning the laws involving public intoxication.

Under the Influence Law & Legal Definition

Now, I believe you reside in the UK so the laws may differ than here in the states.
    Just saying.......
  9. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

It would be pretty difficult to eat a quarter or even an 1/8th between the time the LEO initiates the stop and the time he is standing beside your window. A joint or a dime bag could probably be consumed, however.

You don't want to get caught doing it because that's destruction of evidence and will get you another charge.

In my state you can be arrested for DUID (driving under the influence of drugs) if you are driving while high. It's exactly like a DUI as far as the penalties go.
  10. gompers

gompers New Member

They would require a blood test to determine whether or not you are actually high, and blood tests require a warrant/tribunal hearing, which is only mandatory in a vehicular homicide/manslaughter case, but otherwise requires consent. (as far as I know, which may vary in your state)
    2 people like this.
  11. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

In the state where I reside they have “implied consent”. Basically if you choose to operate a motor vehicle in this state you are required to take a chemical test if there is probable cause to believe that you were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you refuse you will be charged with “refusal to submit” which will cause you to lose your license for 1 year.

No warrant is needed. You are forced to take the chemical test per state law.
    9 people like this.
  12. Andrew87

Andrew87 Sr. Member

Medically, sure.

If a police officer sees you quickly swallow something, you will often times be brought to an ER to have your stomach pumped - especially if they aren't aware that it was weed (for instance, swallowing a few grams of coke would probably kill you).

After they get it back up, you will be charged accordingly.

For being "stoned?" Probably not. However, if you are visibly intoxicated (no matter what the substance), a police officer will administer SFSTs. If you fail them, then you will be arrested for DUI-drugs.
  13. Mikeebud

Mikeebud Sr. Member

Turn ur Little bag of marijuana into a felony, But, I saw this video, And dumb black guy was sittin there trying to eat like 10g of weed.

It was in new york.. Misdeamenor into a felony, but the cop was cool about it.
  14. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Very much incorrect...."drugged driving" laws are in effect in many states, and in the others, you'll be charged with DUI/DWI just as if you were impaired by alcohol. Most departments employ DREs (drug recognition experts) thjat are able to determine from eye movmement and other factors whether or not somoene is under the influence of drugs. If the officer believes someone to be under the influence, blood and/or urine may be drawn to check for traces of illegal drugs. If found, you WILL be charged with either drugged driving or DUI, depending how the state's laws are written. It is VERY erroneous to claim one cannot be charged for driving high. Know what you speak of before you calim it as the truth

For someone posting "facts" in a legal forum, you are grossly misinformed. Being high in public can be charged as public intoxication, and in SD, theres actually a charge of "being under the influence of an intoxicant other than alcohol" It may not be common to be charged for vbeing high in public, but it certainly happens in some places, as they have specific laws dealing with exactly that.
  15. marcusJay

marcusJay New Member

Driving is a privilage, not a right.
  16. water

water New Member

I always pre-grind my weed that would potentially be in a vehicle with me. And I always make sure I have a drink with me. If I was in the situation that I would need to get rid of the weed I dump the weed into the drink and take the whole thing down. It's easier than trying to just eat it.
    2 people like this.
  17. InfectedWithMJ

InfectedWithMJ New Member

18. marcusJay

marcusJay New Member

I think you're missing the point. Your little bit of weed is probably a misdemeanor, tampering with evidence is a felony. Hey, but you feel lucky so of course YOU won't get caught.
  19. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

First of all, I never said the law made sense, just that it is indeed the law in many places. AS for telling the officer you were in a rush to make sure you swallowed your peppermints or gun before he got to the car, well....cops aren't dumb. hey see people try this shit on a daily basis, and no, they might NOT pump your stomach for it...they may make you puke/cough it up on the spot! (i was a former corrections officer, and yes, there are legal, effective ways of doing this). If yopu're going to even consider it, make SURE the cop doesn't see you do it, or you're fucked, end of story

As for vaped bud, if it will test positive for thc (and it will) yes, you can be charged. just because its brown and basically useless to you doesn't mean that possessing it is no longer a crime. Believe me, you CAN get high on bud thats already been vaped once.
  20. dk15

dk15 New Member

Yep, I was ticketed for vaped weed but allowed to keep my vape, soiled whip,d and even the styrofoam chunk that was covered in what I was technically being arrested for (abv) :dance: .

It was funny, at one point while being questioned about the usage of the vaporizer, one of the officers was looking inside the whip and said " That looks like a stem and a seed in there " to his partner, to which I replied " No, there are definitely no seeds in there, officer".