Emotional

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by NeoArcadian, Oct 5, 2004.

1. NeoArcadian

NeoArcadian New Member

Say, by any chance, have you ever gotten just a little emotional while stoned?

I know I have. I was watching this kids show about endangered animals while I was higher than most times and got really pissed off about how we are ruining our futures chance to get to interact with the animals we are killing.

Then one time I had watched every single movie I had and wanted to watch something completely out of the ordinary so I put in a copy of the Disney movie "The Fox and the Hound." When it came to the part where the old lady had to give up her fox I couldn't help but cry.

After I woke up the next morning I remember just how bad that moment in that movie made me feel and couldn't help but wonder why. I had seen the movie before but it has never seemed to do that to me before so the only thing that I could attribute it to was the fact that I was as high as a kite.

So, has anyone else had one of these "Emotional moments?" :cool:

By the way, don't be all tough, it is good to be emotional from time to time so you don't end up killing someone.
  2. SpunCraz

SpunCraz Supporting Radical Habits

I know what you mean, few years ago my mom got into a car wreck (her fault) and when my dad came home..he really went off on her about it. My mom felt real bad about it and my dad was just makin it worse,. I felt for my mom..so i steped it and told my dad to 'stfu you aint no perfect driver either' I said that because he wrecked his truck all faded like 10 months before that. But I told my dad lay off n ****..made me and my mom feel better. and yes i was real stoned too.
  3. imported_weedfiend

imported_weedfiend New Member

I always get choked up when I hear crap about a school shooting or something. All those precious lives wasted because some kid couldn't get any friends or was made fun of in school. I would have been a friend to that kid. Tragedies in American society hit me pretty hard man. I just think "that could have been you shot for no apparent reason because some kid couldn't get any love from anyone."

Weedfiend
  4. GrassyAss

GrassyAss New Member

Yeah, I'd say that and the war for oil(Iraq) piss me off more than make me sad. It's horrible don't get me wrong but there's just no reason that a 2nd rader should even know how to shoot a gun let alone have access to it and bring it to school...

What a crazy world we live in.
  5. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I think it's funny when kids shoot up school, what is it supposed to accomplish? People blame bad parenting and/or the media. I just blame stupid kids.

But yah, I agree about the movie thing. Sometimes I'll think a little more deeply about something that happens in a movie while I'm stoned. :)
  6. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

I was pretty emotional last night, you see.

A friend and I went to the cemetery where my friend was burried at. (Rest In Peace Dave) He was only 16 when he decided the path of his life and death.

It really makes you think, ppl die not knowing their lives or how they would turn out. Some decide to die (my friend) some ppl die from accidents. there was an 11 year old, very beautiful girl, dead by a car.

All you can do is think. thats all.
  7. imported_PunkJunkie

imported_PunkJunkie New Member

my girlfriend of a year and a half just dumped me. Turns out Her sister and mom, who i was extremly nice to, had an intervention and told her to dump me. :thumbsup: so ya, i've been getting reallly high latly and whenever the thought of her gets in my head i cant get it out :( i get really depressed, she was the ONLY stability i had in my life and now i've lost it.
  8. LegalizIT!

LegalizIT! New Member

Damn i thought i was just emotional. I get mad/cry sometimes when i watch some random killing crap on the news when someone gets shot over a dbag or something. It gets me pissed off b/c it makes a bad name for the other 99% of us potheads.

PS PunkJunkie If you really wanted her back you can just call her up and say "If you would let someone break of someone you really did love maybe you didn't love me." (Not trying to invade or nothing and not saying in a bad way of any kind)
  9. TimeGuardian

TimeGuardian New Member

I don't usually get emotional when i'm high.. like getting sad about stuff and whatnot, I just think deeply about whatever happened lol.

PunkJunkie, If your girlfriend dumps you because of what other people say is she really even worth your time? :rolleyes:
  10. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I agree with TimeGuardian.... she didn't really care about you then man.
  11. NeoArcadian

NeoArcadian New Member

I can't believe I got bad karma for this post. Someone called me a fag.

Either way, a friend of mine took an off topic pill and when he woke up he was really pissed off at his mom because she wanted him to do the dishes.

He went a little far and was about to leave home, for good, when I, the almighty voice of reason, stepped in. In the end I ended up getting him stoned and he forgot about the whole thing. He really just needed some way to cool off I guess. :cool:

But yeah, if she broke up with you based on what other people said, she doesn't deserve you, or anyone for that matter.
  12. outerlimits

outerlimits New Member

Yea man i know what u mean. I watched lord of the rings today high for the 1st time and i never realized how sad it was :p .but then again a bunch of parts were funny as hell.

**ill throw u sum karma neo! make up for the negative one :thumbsup:
  13. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

Yah, Ill shoot you some karma even though I think you're a f'in pus. for crying during a movie, hahahaha.... ;) [note: that was a joke about him being a pus. I could careless if he cries or not :end note]
  14. confuse us

confuse us New Member

I get sad whenever I see roadkill. Poor little guys probably had no idea what hit them. by the way, this is my first post - hi everyone
  15. krtbear

krtbear New Member

I hear that. Emotions im sure are more likely to be shown while stoned rather than sober and I do indeed get pretty involved emotionally in what im doing. I did ofcourse get pretty emotional when my cat died about a month ago, I was quite baked at the time :( RIP. Cuddle Muffins! Or wether its talking to my g/f or watching a movie, or let alone the news: IRAQ, our country walking away from our foundations as a nation under God, the election, marijuana laws. Usually get me pretty fired up, a good movie will get me pretty soft and other things will grab me emotionally in a neutral perspective, if any of you get that :laugh: :laugh:
  16. Will88

Will88 New Member

weed makes me less emotionally attached i am less emotional while high.
  17. stonedhobbit

stonedhobbit New Member

dont steal this idea

there was this scene in this movie im writing where the two people are walking down a road stoned and one of them sees a dead bird and there is this real beautiful melancholy moment where one of them gives this speach:

the poor bird...it was so young...so young
    wheres its family...wheres its mother...its all alone now
    so young

something like that

my point is that the fact that thier stoned increases the sadness and makes it beautiful because if they werent stoned it would seem kinda funny

it happened to me but i was alone at the time
    so yeah being stoned amplifies a certain emotional state
  18. SenseiMcurb

SenseiMcurb New Member

I know what you mean, For some reason i was smokeing some good **** blueberry and hash. We were rideing in the car and my friend put on a song by bravehearts a rap grp produced by nas. For some reason one of the beats made me real real depressed. Dont know why but it did
  19. Colt45420

Colt45420 New Member

Probably the most emotional I ever got when I was high... I bawled my eyes out watching Forrest Gump. Through like the entire movie. It was so sad. He lost Bubba and Jenny and Momma and...... :bawl:
  20. deadman420

deadman420 New Member

A few times. Once I was listening to "Fortunate Son" on the 4th of July, had sort of a patriotism orgasm. If I was near an armed forces recruitment center at the time, I might well have joined up right then.(I'm sure they'd have been delighted to have someone join who was on drugs at that very moment).

Reading things that get me riled up normally get me REALLY riled up when I'm high. Like the PETA website...the folks who spout off about animal rights are usually a bunch of hippies and kooks, neither of which I care much for or listen to, but their core message is something I can get behind, and when I read about the cruel conditions that animals undergo for things like testing cosmetics and cleaning products, that just boils my blood and puts me in a killing mood. I read about the pathetic lives of food critters(do a search for "Meet your meat" on the MJ.com forums) and it cements my resolve to take a deer ot two this year(I really don't enjoy hunting due to its being BOOOOORING, but I'd rather the meat I eat come from a humanely killed animal that ran free, than from some abused cow. Healthier karmically and chemically.)

Weed can certainly amplify my emotional reactions to certain things.