Equality

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by imported_dontask, Jan 12, 2005.

1. imported_dontask

imported_dontask New Member

Arent people supposed to be equal? Why is it that nobody ever asks " We the people " to vote if they want Marijuana legalized? Why don't our opinions matter?

2. Stoned Trunks

Stoned Trunks New Member

Because the Government is a bunch of hypocritcal nazis. :)

3. DonkeyPunch

DonkeyPunch Seasoned Activist

First, because it wouldn't pass right now. Second, because there is no national ballot questions. Third, we DO elect the people who make the laws, and the pro-mj crowd is still in the minority.

BTW, what were you talking about, with the "equal" thing?

4. anonymity

anonymity New Member

It's just our system of government. You're not the first to dislike it. National polls show that marijuana wouldn't be legalized if our citizens voted on it. And what are you talking about with that equality thing?

5. NILation

NILation New Member

They do ask "we the people" to vote. It's just that no one does anymore.

6. sdragon1984

sdragon1984 New Member

i did. it was my first time being able to do so, too. and at least now i can b!tch about the guy whos in office not being qualified for the job. since my guy lost, does this mean i think my vote doesnt matter and will never vote again? hell, no. it just means that next time more people should vote. ever since nixon, the majority has been silent. and i think this is good reason for them to speak up. i just hope that someone remember that the kennedy's had a rumor much like the bush/gop four for forty rumor, and remember that all kennedy's involved in said rumor were killed. im i suggesting to kill the prez? no way, i would never do that, but only because hes only going to be president for four more years, and my patience for this term hasnt worn thin yet. who knows, maybe hell make a 180. one can only wish............

7. Illuminati420

Illuminati420 Banned

Don't even joke about that. Thanks. -DP

8. sdragon1984

sdragon1984 New Member

i wouldnt think so. bush did put in quite a few anti-firearm laws, some of them cant even be avoided on the end of the shooter- like standard ballistic fingerprinting. and i highly doubt any one american is crazy and unpatriotic to decide to kill the president by themselves. its something that can only be followed through on when theres a group of people following through on it. courage through numbers.

9. GreensTHC

GreensTHC New Member

yeah this guy says it all right there the major crowd is in the minority and i don't think its gonna pass for a long time