Everyone smokes

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by yoman3, Dec 18, 2009.

1. yoman3

yoman3 Has boobs as an avatar

This might just be my high school, but do you find that in your schools/colleges (hell, workplaces) that almost everyone smokes?

Maybe it's because I go to such a small school of 800 kids, but I'd say between 2/3 and 3/4 of the student population smokes, at the very least sporadically. Ya, when I say "everyone smokes" I'm not joking around.

2. Tranquility

Tranquility New Member

That's the case for my school too. We have a population of about 1200 and I'd say around at least 1/2 smoke. Supposedly my town is ranked pretty high for amount of marijuana users per capita haha

3. Spazzer

Spazzer New Member

I agree, but it's still not everyone. I'm in college and when I got here I found a bunch of people on my floor in the dorms that smoked. Then I joined a fraternity and out of the 20 or so people in the house only two people choose not to smoke and one can't because of ROTC.

4. FreddyC

FreddyC Pot is a better drug than alcohol. Fact!

Not close to a majority at our work location in Louisville Ky. We have about 30 employees at our Louisville branch and 7 of us smoke. And they are all people I manage! Freddy

5. SouthernToker

SouthernToker New Member

yeah, all different groups/clics too. Like jocks, preps, drugies, nerds, rednecks, black crowd, mexicans, gays, ect. The only group that doesn't smoke are like goody goods, jesus freaks, anti-drug people, ect. Weed is kind of like food everybody does it. At my school more people smoke the older they get
    4th - less than 1%
    6th - like 3/5%
    8th - like 15/20%
    10th - like 35/40%
    12th - like 60/70%

6. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

At my high school everyone either smokes, or doesn't care if people smoke. It's an accepted hobby among people our age. But it all depends on where you live.

7. OldTimeToker

OldTimeToker Sr. Member

I've said this in other posts, but I dont see why its so surprising that teenagers do drugs. This has been going on for decades at a a time and surely wont stop anytime soon!

8. Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah Sr. Member

Not in school anymore but my workplace is full of hopheads (or former) including a couple of past bosses. And those who don't smoke have an immediate family member who does. Its not as uncommon as some people think it is, among the young and old alike.

9. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

Who suggested that it was suprising?

10. OldTimeToker

OldTimeToker Sr. Member

Surprising was a bad way to word it. I just meant that...this is not really an expandable topic. Of course teenagers are doing drugs, so obviously ALOT of teenagers are going to smoke.

Then again, there are probably some areas where theres more smokers...but its still almost everybody.

11. upinacloud

upinacloud New Member

My current school (ALC) where all the *bad* kids go, i think like %90 of the kids that go there smoke, we come into class reaking all the time and teachers usually don't do anything about it. But every single person in there smokes, or knows everyone else smokes and keeps quiet. I do live in the US, weed is %100 illegal, and cops round here will fuck you over for anything so i'm pretty lucky i go to school there.

12. desiremj

desiremj New Member

I went to get a haircut today, and i was talking to the girl who was cutting my hair, and it turns out we have the same dealer. Small fkn world.