Extinct Plants

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BHills01, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BHills01

BHills01 New Member

Has anyone ever thought about all the cool plants that could have (and probably did) exist way back millions of years ago, like when the dinosaurs lived. There were probably some kick-ass fruits and vegetables that no human will ever get to eat. Not to mention all of the psychoactive plants that might have existed...but we will never know.
    Or will we? haha
    4 people like this.
  2. steakii

steakii New Member

I wonder that even about today. There has to be some plant out there somewhere that you can smoke and it will really get you high that no human has tried yet.
    2 people like this.
  3. BHills01

BHills01 New Member

I'm SURE that there are plants like that, too.

Places like the amazon has so much biodiversity there can be thousands of species of life just in a tree. Lots of medicines are discovered there today too.
    Sadly a lot of these plants might never get discovered if the rainforests keep keeping destroyed the way they are today.

Who knows what we could be wiping out...
  4. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

There are psychoactive plants used by indigenous people all over the world. Some we just don't know about because of the remote locations, and some are passed from generation to generation and only used as medicine or religious activities.

Aspirin comes from the willow tree. All it took was a few people to learn it's secret, just like all herbs, I suppose........;)

Some Where In Ded Land.........
  5. serialcultivator

serialcultivator New Member

thats actually one of the things I wanted to go to college for. How fn it would be to discover a new medicinal palnt or one that gets you high. Either way, id probably pack a lot of weed and get really high out there with my guide.
    2 people like this.
  6. BHills01

BHills01 New Member

getting high in the middle of a rainforest would be the best.
  7. jpgblazeup

jpgblazeup New Member

yea right i'd be trippin if i got high in the middle of a rainforest especially if i was alone...theyd be spiders and shit...i couldnt do it...and i think that all the time like hopin i jus stumble across a plant in my backyard and decide to smoke it and wat do ya know i get high lol that would be amazing
    2 people like this.
  8. steakii

steakii New Member

until you got lost and eaten by a giant snake.
  9. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a really addictive stimulant that many animals got hooked on, to thus cause it's extinction. Too bad we never got to try it out... :D

I'd guess that the majority of hallucinogens are still around, more or less, because they impend survival for any being who doesn't have it relatively guaranteed.

Interesting thought though... :gleaf2:
    2 people like this.
  10. glorious

glorious New Member

There are a lot of psychoactive plants that a lot of people do not know about. And there are probably even more we have yet to discover. I always find it crazy that there was a first person to do everything. Like, who was the first person to walk up to a marijuana plant and say "I think I'll smoke that to see if it does anything." Think about all of the poisonous plants in existence. There had to have been so many people that died experimenting with plants.
    2 people like this.
  11. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

And there are people today that continue to die experimenting with plants and chemicals extracted from them. We still haven't learned... :rolleyes:
  12. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

i realy want to find some new crazy strong MJ strain in the amazon that would be crazy, i hope the buds are highlighter pink that would be even crazeir could you imagine that people would be trying to sell that for like 50 a gram.....good luck with that though im not sure who would pay that but im sure someone would