Fact or fiction: using a bong will get you higher (News flash: it might be false!)

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Createrson, Mar 6, 2009.

1. benjammin21

benjammin21 New Member

yep i have a ice chamber for my da buddah vape and its basically a small bong. crazy the hits you can get.

really though between bongs, blunts, joints, bowls, vapes, bubs, gravity bongs, etc, they all are just different highs based on how fast you the thc enters your body. i feel more chilled out if i smoke a vape, but if i rip a bong its more of an uppity high because its a lotta thc at once :p

thats just the way i see it
  2. Medicalifornication

Medicalifornication New Member

Yea with a j or blunt you are constantly losing smoke.

And if water even DOES filter out some thc its not comprable to the smoke you lose from a j or blunt.
  3. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

^^ Yup.

I know for a fact bongs are more efficient than joints or blunts. I'm not sure about pipes though.

The major difference between a pipe and a bong is the volume of a bong. If you leave a little bit of smoke un-inhaled, that might fuck up the efficiency.

Then again... i never cough with my bong... so less inhaled smoke waste right? I do cough with my pipe after taking huge hits
  4. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

I have a good memory and I remember the thread we had about this before. I can't remember what the name of the thread is, but this is another case of someone doing a search and finding a quick answer........;)

The facts? Joints deliver more THC to the smoker than a bong or vape when measured evenly after the hit is delivered. I know, there are going to be some of you say bullshit, but there was a test done I believe from NORML or some group like that that proved it to be fact. The vape was last as far as effiency........:D

I don't want to piss no one of, so I'm going to see if I can find the "Joint Vs. Bongs" thread and will return to post the link.......:cool:

EDit:Link to the prvious thread......One of many......
    http://www.marijuana.com/420-lounge/7048-methods-smoking-their-efficiency.html

http://www.marijuana.com/420-lounge/22932-methods-smoking-their-efficiency.html

http://www.marijuana.com/water-pipes/120024-bong-versus-joint.html

Some Where In Ded Land.........................:wave:
  5. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

Dedbr did you, or the study you are finding, include the time between hits where the joint was simply burning into the air? That is quite significagant, as other ways of smoking do not incur such losses
  6. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

monkey.....

Sure, you can loose more smoke with a joint, but I am talking about the efficiency of the hit, not how much you loose......

If the smoke passes through anything,( wine, water or whtever) some of it will be left behind in the fluid......

I personally like my spoon. The smoke travels about three inches before it gets to my mouth......

Being a old guy, I always thought you needed to hold the hit as long as possible only to doscover that it's not neccesary because the lungs absorb almost immediately so holding it doesn't do anything as far as getting higher.......

Two, please do a search to find your answer before you start a thread. Believe me, it's the best way to find your answer........:wave:

Some Where In Ded Land..........................:D
  7. Exo

Exo New Member

^^ Pwned.
  8. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

Dude, if you can write out efficiency in joints, then therefore we`ll drop efficiency of a bong. Simply said, what do you think prevents hits more.... slightly less thc/air combo, or a horricially hot, burning smoke.

Idk man, but regardless of the saving of weed, I want to have a cool, smooth hit so I can take MASSIVE rips. Thats the #1 thing that prevents joint hits.
  9. JointKustody

JointKustody New Member

I know the only reason that 1 blunt or 1 joint will get you higher than 1 bowl on a bong is because you end up using like 3 x's as much pot, maybe even more. The thing I like most about water bongs are 1) they make the hit wayyyyy more smooth plus the water catches the ash so you don't have to worry about a screen, 2) they can get you even higher than a joint if you do it right. If you put really cold water in your bong or put ice in your crappy little mnt dew or sprite bong I know everybody still uses, it makes the air thinner ergo you can take in much more smoke resulting in you getting high as nuts.
    although if you're looking to get retarded high and/or somewhat of a health freak, you should look into vaporizing methods. Vaporizers get like some 93% of the THC off of your pot, plus it never actually combusts so you don't have to worry about inhaling ashes or carbon monoxide. It's not near as hard as you think itd be to make one, just get any glass bottle that's completely dry on the inside, put your stuff in it, find a bread bag and one of your sisters ponytail holder things, wrap it around a few times about 2 inches from the bottom on the open end and put it over the mouthpiece of the bottle. Now go turn your stove on to high, put the bottle on it and just come back by in like 5 minutes and your bag should be full of vapors. try and get a clear bottle so you can see the pot inside, whenever it turns brown that means it's done, you can actually smoke it after you do this and get a few hits off it before it's totally cashed. the only bad thing is that you are going to have to use a good of your pot if you're doing this with more than a few people, put about 3 bowls worth in and see how that works. that will get you way higher than blunts, joints, pipes and bongs
  10. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

All efficiency aside, I still prefer a good 'ol bong. It's just what does it for me. I've hit blunts joints pipes and bongs, and my favorite is the bong. Never hit a vape, but I'm sure whenever I do I'll still prefer my water filtration.

Whenever I first met my stoner bros in Mississippi, they really just smoked joints, and spoons and such... But I was like, "MAN we need to make a god damn bong." Now bongs are the more common method between me and the bros. We still roll up and hit out pipes and bubblers, but we always hit the bong.

Further reference would be the sig.

v v v v v v
  11. Linx

Linx Banned

Bong water filters the THC once the bong water gets even slightly dirty. The first hit on clean water is always the best hit - but having said that, the reason bongs are ideal is because they also filter out and cool quite a bit of garbage as opposed to unfiltered joints.