Failed civil service test, will future civil servicejobs have access to results?

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by wintercomes, Sep 26, 2012.

1. wintercomes

wintercomes New Member

I failed a pre employment hair test about 8 years ago, I'm looking to get job with aother civil service job. I'm pretty sure they ask on the app if I have ever taken a civil service test and if what were the results

Will the new prospective employer have access to the previous test? Should I be honest and hop for the best?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

PS I have been clean for a few years now and can pass the upcoming hair test. If I can get that far.
  2. DrBill100

DrBill100 New Member

What agency ordered the test 8 years ago?

Since you weren't hired there should be no record existing especially after that period of time.

Also, if you were hair tested, that is technically classed as a medical examination and not a drug test as those terms are defined by federal rule under ADA and EEOC.

ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE: DISABILITY-RELATED INQUIRIES AND MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS OF EMPLOYEES UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
  3. wintercomes

wintercomes New Member

It was for the NYPD, I am now interested in joining the Nassau PD (which seems to have stricter with admission).

I'm afraid that if before going to take the new drug test they can search civil service application records (?) and find out every drug test ever taken for a civil service job.

Thanks for your response, and the link, I'll read it when I get home.